口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1926期:站得住腳

本文已影響 4.28K人 

第一,情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1926期:站得住腳

A:Why didn't you go to school today?

你今天爲什麼沒上學

B: I felt sick when I got up.

我起牀的時候覺得不太舒服。

A: That just don’t hold water. I saw you play basketball around the corner just now!

這個藉口根本站不住腳,我剛纔還看見你在打籃球!

B: I just felt better in the afternoon, so I thought it not bad to do some sport for a while.

下午的時候我覺得好多了,所以我想去活動活動也不錯。

第二,詞海拾貝

hold water

exp. To remain true even when examined closely. (站得住腳)

e.g. He has make up his mind to prove that Mary's argument doesn't hold water.

他決心要證明瑪麗的論點是站不住腳的。

e.g. I'm sorry that I cannot agree with you, your story just doesn't hold water.

真抱歉我不同意你的看法,你說的話不合情理。

e.g. His account of the robbery won't hold water.

他對搶劫案經過的陳述漏洞百出。

第三,語彙積累

1. around the corner:在拐角處,即將來

e.g. There is a drugstore around the corner.

拐角上有一家藥店。

e.g. The boy disappeared around the corner in a blink of an eye.

一眨眼,這男孩就在拐角處不見了。

e.g. Follow the road until you come to the post office, and you will find the library around the corner.

順着馬路走到郵政局,拐彎的地方就是圖書館。

2. for a while:一會兒

e.g. I'm feeling rather peculiar I think I'll lie down for a while.

我覺得不太舒服--我想躺一會兒。

e.g. Please take care of the baby for me for a while, will you?

請替我照顧一下這孩子,好嗎?

3. feel sick:感到不舒服,感覺要嘔吐

e.g. She feel sick at the sight of the dead rat.

她一見那隻死老鼠就感到噁心。

e.g. Please stop whirling me round as it makes me feel sick.

請不要在我周圍轉來轉去,這使我噁心。

其它:

go to school:去上學

get up:起牀

play basketball:打籃球

do some sport:做某種體育運動

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章