迷你對話學地道口語第1966期:言之成理
第一, 情景對話
A: Why did you play truant today? I've told you several times that studying is the most important thing in your life now.
今天你爲什麼逃學?我已經跟你說過多少次了,現在在你的生活中學習是最重要的事。
B: You made your point in this matter, but I have my reason, too.
在這件事上你說得固然有理,但是我也有我的理由。
A: Tell me, please.
那說說看。
B: I think helping others is also a virtue. I took Tom to the hospital when he was hurt in an accident this morning.
我想幫助別人也是一種美德,今天早上湯姆在車禍中受傷,我送他去了醫院。
A: You don't say. Well, this time I made a mistake.
真的呀!真對不起,這次是我搞錯了。
第二, 詞彙拾貝
make one’s point
exp. To effectively communicate or explain one's opinion, idea, or point of view. (有效地交流或解釋某人的觀念、想法或觀點,言之成理)
e.g. A: The early flight might be cheaper, but we won't enjoy our first day there because we'll be so tired!
早一些的航班會便宜些,但是我們到那兒第一天不旅遊,因爲我們會很累的。
B: OK, you made your point. Let's book the later one instead.
好吧,你說到點子上了。我們訂晚一點的吧。
e.g. Look, I think you’ve made your point, Mr Davies. Perhaps we should hear somebody else’s opinion.
戴維斯先生,聽我說,我覺得你已經表達了你的觀點了。也許我們也應該聽聽別人的意見吧。
e.g. They were all talking so loudly I didn’t get a chance to make my point.
他們都在大聲說話,我沒有機會表達我的觀點。
第三, 語彙積累
1. play truant:逃學,曠課
e.g. Our institute is clamping down on those who often play truant.
我們學院正在嚴加懲處那些經常逃學的學生。
e.g. Those boys promised not to play truant again .
那些男孩答應不再逃學。
2. in one’s life:在某人的生活中,在某人的一生中
e.g. It was the most preposterous position in which I never found myself in my life.
這是我有生以來從未碰到的最荒謬絕倫的場面。
e.g. For the first time in his life his talentshad a fair field.
他有生以來第一次有公平的機會發揮他的才能。
3. in the matter:在這件事情上
e.g. I want to speak to her in the matter of my salary.
我想跟她談談我的薪水問題.
e.g. He has no say in the matter.
他在這個問題上沒有發言權。
4. make a mistake:犯錯誤
e.g. If you want to fasten the blame of the affair at Los Muertos on any one person, you will make a mistake.
如果你想把那樁摩埃託斯農莊事件怪在哪個人頭上,那就錯了。
e.g. Read the questions carefully so that you may not make a mistake in the test.
考試時要仔細看清楚題目,以免犯錯。
5. in an accident:在事故中
e.g. He was killed in an accident in the first flush of manhood.
他正當盛年時在一次事故中喪生。
e.g. The plane I previously want to catch up with to take has crashed, and all passengers all die in an accident.
我原想趕乘的飛機墜毀了,所有乘客都遇難身亡。