英語詞彙常用英語單詞

這些習語讓你表達更地道

本文已影響 2.74W人 

學習英語其實也不像說起來那麼容易。(學英語很難)首先,語法就使水變得渾濁(使事情不明朗),而習慣用語只會火上加油(使事情更糟糕)。

這些習語讓你表達更地道

如果你在準備託福或託業考試,或者只是想認識更多的常見習語,就可以在考試之前看看這份常見習語的列表。它們會使你的英語有大大的收穫(變得更好)。

常見英語習語

1.24/7: 一天二十四小時;一週七天;一直;持續地。


My little sister irritates me 24/7!


我的小妹妹整天都在惹我生氣!


2.A short fuse:急性子。


Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.


傑米真是個急性子;幾天前他就跟教練嚷嚷着說不要讓他上場了。


3.A taste of your own medicine:如果對別人壞,那麼自己理所當然地也要嚐嚐相同的滋味。


After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.


在多次被捉弄後,朱利安決定也要讓胡安嚐嚐同樣的滋味,就訂了27塊披薩送到胡安的家裏。


erflies in my stomach: 緊張的。


Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin.


利亞姆在上臺演奏小提琴時非常緊張。


the skin of your teeth: 勉強做成某事。


Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long.


萊斯特勉強組成了舞蹈隊;你可以看出來他已經好久沒跳爵士了。


got your tongue?: 怎麼不說話了?(通常說出來是爲了讓對方難堪)


I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?


我剛纔看見你親了我男朋友。怎麼回事?你怎麼不吭聲了?


7. Crying wolf: 假意求救。


You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.


你已經玩了這麼多次“狼來了”的把戲,沒人會相信你是真的受傷了。


someone some slack: 放某人一馬。


Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!


嘿,放我一馬吧。上個星期我真的是忙着捉青蛙了,忘了給你打電話。對不起嘛!


for the count:疲勞的;放棄;不能活不願再參與。


No, you can’t take my dog for a walk – she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.


不,你不能溜我的狗。——她追了那幾只貓一天,已經累壞了。


the fast lane:繁忙刺激的人生。


When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.


當柯蒂斯四十歲的時候,他決心過刺激的人生,所以他辭去了牙醫的工作,決定騎摩托車環遊歐洲。


the line: 停止;判定好壞的分界線。


Now I draw the line at speaking in front of 34,000 people.


現在我結束了在34000人前的講話。


er said than done:  說起來容易做起來難。


You want me to come to work at 6:00 AM? Easier said than done!


想讓我6點就開工?說得容易!


y cloud has a silver lining: 困境中總會發現轉機。


Even though you just got fired, remember that every cloud has a silver lining – at least you don’t have to work for that grouchy boss anymore!


即使你被解僱了,你也要記住,柳暗花明又一村。至少你再也不用爲那個壞脾氣的老闆工作了!


ing a needle in a haystack: 根本找不到。


Trying to get a new job these days is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.


這些天找份新工作真是不可能的事。


out of water:不得其所,格格不入。


Tom felt like a fish out of water at the Star Trek convention his new girlfriend begged him to attend.


湯姆的新女友央求他去《星際迷航》的影迷會,這讓他感到渾身不自在。


something off your chest: 說出困擾了你很久的事;承認你做錯了某事。


I have to get this off my chest – I copied your answers on the Redesigned SAT. Thanks for the 15th percentile score, by the way.


我得承認,在入學考試時我抄了你的答案。順便感謝你讓我進了前15%。


it a whirl:嘗試做某事。


 I’ve never gone kite-boarding, but I’m prepared to give it a whirl!


我從沒玩過風箏衝浪,但我準備嘗試一下!


down in flames: 在衆人面前失敗。


The football player's career went down in flames after the media learned he'd been losing on purpose to settle gambling debts.


在被媒體爆出身負賭債後,這名足球選手的事業一落千丈。


the extra mile: 加倍努力。


My dentist always goes the extra mile, offering free back massages at the end of a stressful tooth extraction.


我的牙醫總是非常盡心,會在令人緊張的拔牙後給病人按摩。


in there: 有耐心,堅持下去。


I know you're struggling right now in school, but just hang in there. It'll get easier. I promise.


我知道你現在在學校裏的日子不好過,但你要堅持下去。我保證事情會變得容易的。


These are just a few of the thousands of idioms in the English language. Get your feet wet (start) with these, and then move on to the idioms that will knock your socks off. (astound you).


這些習語只是英語習語中的一小部分。你可以從這些內容開始着手,然後再學習那些讓你吃驚的習語。


聲明:本雙語文章的中文翻譯系原創內容,轉載請註明出處。中文翻譯僅代表譯者個人觀點,僅供參考。如有不妥之處,歡迎指正。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章