口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1222期:見危不救

本文已影響 9.12K人 

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1222期:見危不救

A: Where is John? I haven ‘t seen him for a few days.

John在哪裏?我很多天沒有見到他了。

B: He is in bed with illness.

他臥病在牀。

A: I’m sorry to hear that. How about calling around to see him this afternoon?

聽到這個消息我非常難過。我們今天下午去看看他如何?

B : I am afraid I cannot. I’ve got to go swimming this afternoon.

恐怕我不能去,我今天下午要去游泳。

A: Come on! You can do that some other day. He has been very kind to us, and if we ever learn that he is ill, it would be quite wrong of us to pass by on the other side.

算了吧,你可以改天去游泳的。他一直以來對我們都很好,如果我們知道他病了,我們坐視不管就不對了。

第二, 地道表達

pass by on the other side

1. 解詞釋義

Pass by on other side的意思是“坐視不管”“見危不救”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. People in the poorer countries will die needlessly if the richer countries pass by on the other side.

如果富裕國家不予以幫助的話,那麼貧困國家的人民就會無謂地死去。

e..g. We cannot just pass by on the other side when we know people are suffering like this.

我們看到人民這樣受苦,不能坐視不管。

第三, 咬文嚼字

in bed with illness:因病臥牀休息

e.g. The child was in bed with illness and he could not go to school.

小孩因病臥牀休息,所以不能去上課。

call around:拜訪,探望

e.g. I think no harm in calling around to see the Jones.

我感到拜訪瓊斯家沒有害處。

e.g. He called around to see me to make sure that everything was on track.

他來拜訪我,看看一切是否正常。

some other day:改天

e.g. She suggested they go some other day, as she wanted to return to the dormitory.

她說改天罷,要回宿舍去。

e.g. Can we arrange it some other day?

我們可以另外安排個時間嗎?

be wrong of sb.:某人錯誤

e.g. It would be wrong of me to paint optimistic picture.

如果我把情況說得很樂觀,那就錯了。

e.g. It's wrong of you to trifle with the girl's affections.

你玩弄那位姑娘的感情是不對的。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章