口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1225期:耍兩面派

本文已影響 2.94W人 

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1225期:耍兩面派

A: I can see through you. I know how good you are at playing a double game.

我看透你了,我知道你善於耍兩面派手段。

B: What do you mean? Do you mean I am two-faced person?

這是什麼意思?你是說我是兩面派人嗎?

A: You may think you are smart, but most of us know you are running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

你也許認爲你很聰明,但是我們絕大部分人都知道你在兩面討好。

第二, 地道表達

play a double game

1. 解詞釋義

Play a double game的意思是“耍兩面派手段”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. The electorate is growing tired of his playing a double game.

選民對他的口是心非逐漸生厭。

e.g. I didn't know my assistant would play a double game.

我沒料到我的助手是個兩面派。

第三, 咬文嚼字

see through:看穿,看透

e.g. Women of her mold are easy to see through.

她那種性格的女人是很容易看穿的。

e.g. I see through your game.

我看穿你的把戲了。

be good at:擅長……

e.g. He is good at managing money matters.

他很會理財。

e.g. He' s well-intentioned but not very good at getting things done.

他常常是好心辦不出好事。

run with the hare and hunt with the hounds:兩面討好

e.g. He must realize that he can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.

他必須意識到他不能兩面討好。

e.g. " I am not going to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds" he thought" I must act for her. The dad would have wished that"

“我可不想兩面討好,”他想。“我應該幫她一把。爸爸一定也希望我這樣做的。”

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章