口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第968期:不通情達理

本文已影響 2.64W人 

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第968期:不通情達理

A: You have already blue in the face.

你已經面紅耳赤了。

B: Yeah. He jumped down my throat. I couldn’t stand him.

是的,他氣死我了。我忍受不住他了。

A: You two should have a heart-to-heart talk about that.

你們兩人該推心置腹地好好談談。

B: I know. But he has no sense. He was driving me to the wall.

我知道,可是他毫不講理,說起話來把我衝到牆上去了。

第二, 地道表達

have no sense

1. 解詞釋義

Have no sense字母意思看,是“沒有理性”的意思,引申爲“不通情達理,無感知力”等意思。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. He has no sense and will not understand your delay.

他是個通情達理的人,能諒解你的拖延。

e.g. He has no sense so long as you rub him the wrong way.

他是個不通情達理的人,只要觸犯了他。

e.g. He had no sense and did not apologize to me for the insulting remark.

他不通情達理,沒有向我道了歉。

第三, 咬文嚼字

in the face:臉上

e.g. He swore himself black in the face.

他氣得臉色發青, 咒罵自己。

e.g. A spray of salt water hit her in the face.

飛濺的海水打在她的臉上。

jump down one’s throat:突然對某人大發雷霆

e.g. Why does he always jump down your throat?

他爲什麼總是對你嚴加斥責?

e.g. All right, he was wrong, but did you have to jump down his throat in front of everybody?

是的,是他錯了,但是你就非得當着大夥的面訓斥他嗎?

have a heart-to-heart talk:推心置腹地談談

e.g. You should be in a placid mood and have a heart-to-heart talk with her.

你應該心平氣和的好好和她談談心。

e.g. When we have a chance again to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk, my love is still as ever, only that I will not let you know.

當我們再有機會坐下來,好好地談一談的時候,我的愛依舊,只是不想在讓你知道了。

drive sb. to the wall:把某人逼到絕境

e.g. His enemies had driven him to the wall.

他的敵人把他逼得走投無路。

e.g. When he's driven to a wall he invariably loses his temper.
當他被說得無言以對時,他當然會生氣。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章