口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學) 第3期:Ace一流的

本文已影響 7.16K人 

The english we speak(BBC教學) 第3期:Ace一流的

Feifei: I'm laying a five.

我出五。

Finn: I'm laying an eight.

我出八。

Feifei: Hmm, I'll lay a jack.

嗯,那我出J。

Finn:(Faster pace) Queen!

我出Q!

Feifei: Ace!

我出A!

Finn: OK OK, you go again!

好吧好吧,又該你了。

Feifei: Right, this time I'm laying three sevens.

好吧,這次我出三個七。

Finn: Wow, going bigger, are we?

哇,出的越來越大了是吧?

Feifei: Absolutely! Come on then, what have you got?

那當然!放馬過來吧,你出什麼?

Finn: I've got three kings! Here you go! I bet you can't beat that?

我出三個K!看我的!我敢打賭你輸定了!

Feifei: Hahaha! Check this out Finn - three Aces! (Very happy) Yay, I win again... dinner is on you then?

哈哈哈!看我的吧Finn——三個A!耶,我又贏了!晚飯你請!

Finn: Yes, yes, I know. I didn't know you were an ace card player!

是的,好吧,我知道。我以前都不知道你真是個“ace”紙牌玩家啊!

Feifei: What do you mean 'an ace' card player? I play other cards too! I just played a five, a jack, a queen, two fours, three... (interrupted)

什麼叫“ace”紙牌玩家?我也出了其他牌啊!我剛剛出了一個五,一個J,一個Q,一對四,三個。。。

Finn: No, no, no. I didn't mean literally 'an ace' card player. In English, we can use the word 'ace' as an adjective to mean 'very good, excellent, and awesome'.

不不不,我不是指“ace”的字面意思。在英語裏,我們可以用“ace”這個單詞作爲形容詞來表示非常好,一流的,棒極了。

Feifei: So you are actually saying I'm an 'excellent' card player? Ahh, thank you Finn, very kind of you to say so.

所以你其實是在說我是個很厲害的紙牌玩家?謝謝你Finn,你這麼說真是太好了。

Finn: Here are some examples using the word 'ace'.

以下是用“ace”單詞的例子。

This is an ace idea!

這是個很棒的主意!

That is an ace laptop you've got!

你這筆記電腦真好!

Have you listened to Arctic Monkeys' new album? It's ace!

你聽北極潑猴的新專輯了嗎?太讚了!

I'm ace at cooking!

我做飯超讚的!

Andy Murray is an ace tennis player!

安迪穆瑞是個一流的網球選手!

Finn: So we can use 'ace' to describe an idea, a thing or a person. And you can say you're ace at doing something. So Feifei, do you like pontoon?

所以我們可以用“ace”來形容一個想法,一件事,或者一個人。你也可以說你很擅長做某事。那麼Feifei,你喜歡玩21點嗎?

Feifei: Yes, it's ace!

當然!很好玩啊!

Finn: Shall we have a game? I'm pretty ace at playing pontoon.

那我們來一局吧? 我玩21點超厲害的。

Feifei: But it's time for dinner and you are paying!

但是現在是晚飯時間而且你買單哦!

Finn: One more game...

就來一局嘛。。。

Feifei: No, let's go now, I'm hungry! Can we go to the new Thai restaurant that's just opened? I heard they serve ace tom yum soup!

不,我們現在就去吧,我好餓!我們去那家新開的泰國菜餐館吧?我聽說那裏的冬陰功湯特別好喝!

Finn: OK, in that case, let's go now.

好吧,那樣的話我們現在就去吧。

Feifei: Ace!

太好了!

Finn: Don't forget to check out for more The English We Speak. Bye!

別忘了點擊瞭解更多關於“我們所說的英語”欄目更多內容。再見!

Feifei: See you next time!

下次再見!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章