口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第250期:杞人憂天

本文已影響 2.8W人 

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第250期:杞人憂天

A: You seem to be very hesitant about doing things.

看來,你好像做事有點猶豫不決。

B: I don't know why I cannot take a step forward.

我不知道爲何我做事就是沒有進展。

A: You are meeting trouble halfway, I guess.

我猜你是在自尋煩惱。

B: Many things are troubling me. I don't know whether I should come or go.

我還有很多煩心事,我是進退兩難。

A: That's where the shoe pinches.

這就是問題所在。

地道表達:

meet trouble halfway

解詞釋義:

halfway的意思是“半路上”或“在中途中”,引申爲“快要,幾乎”。習語meet trouble halfway意思是“麻煩還未來臨就覺得碰到麻煩了”,與“杞人憂天”意思相近。

支持範例:

I have been feeling upset as I think that I blew the English exam. Come on, don't meet trouble halfway, you are the first in our class.

我很煩惱,因爲我想我的期末考試考砸了。得了吧,別杞人憂天了,你可是我們把的第一名呀。

Things may not be as bad as he says. Maybe he is meeting trouble halfway.

事情未必如他所說的那麼可怕, 也許完全是杞人憂天。

詞海拾貝:

1. be hesitant about doing something:做某事猶豫不決

Eg. I'm rather hesitant about signing this.

我不大願意籤這個字。

Eg. He was hesitant about giving her the secret.

他對是否告訴她祕密還猶豫不決。

Eg. He's hesitant about whether he should give in.

他在猶豫他是否該讓步

Eg. She was hesitant about accepting the invitation.

她對是否接受邀請猶豫不決。

2. take a step:邁出一步

Eg. With justice on your side, you can go anywhere; without it, you can't take a step.

有理走遍天下,無理寸步難行。

Eg. The policeman shouted to him if he takes a step forward, he is about to be as good as dead

警察向他大聲喊道如果他再向前走一步,他就完蛋了。

Eg. After overcoming this one-sidedness, they will take a big step forward.

克服了這種片面性,他們就會大進一步。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章