口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第2058期:放鬆

本文已影響 2.39W人 

情景對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第2058期:放鬆

A: You seem to be on edge. What's the matter?

你似乎有點緊張,什麼事?

B: I'm having an exam tomorrow. Tt worries me stiff.

我明天要考試了,真讓我着急。

A: Take it easy and do not treat it so seriously, or you can't get rid of the jitters.

放鬆點,別把這看得太嚴重,否則你就擺脫不了緊張的心理。

B: I know, but I still can't help feeling nervous.

我知道,可是我控制不了這種情緒。

一, 詞海拾貝

take it easy

exp. To be (more) cautious, calm, or gentle. (放鬆

I told John to take it easy and stop worrying about everything.

我告訴約翰要放輕鬆,不要擔心一切。

e.g. Sue: Then I want you to move the piano and turn all the mattresses.

我邀你挪動鋼琴和把所有的牀墊都翻轉過去。

Andy: Come on. Take it easy! I'm not made of steel, you know.

得了吧,你冷靜點!我又不是鋼鐵做的。

e.g. Henry: Oh, I'm pooped.

哦,我筋疲力盡了。

Alice: You just need a little rest and you'll feel as good as new. Just take it easy.

你只需要稍微休息一下,你就會感覺精神煥發,就是放輕鬆點。

二, 語彙積累

1. on edge:緊張,急切

e.g. She was not on edge untill she heard that he was safe.

她聽到他安然無恙才放下心來。

e.g. Everywhere was quiet again around the factory but the atmosphere was still tense and everyone was on edge. (子夜)

廠裏廠外現在又平靜了,但是氛圍依舊緊張,人們的心也緊張。

e.g. I've been on edge all day long, waiting for that telephone call from my boyfriend.

我一整天都緊張不安,在等那個男友的電話。

2. get rid of:擺脫,除去

e.g. I have rather a bad cough that I can't get rid of.

我咳嗽得相當厲害,老也不好。

e.g. He would get rid of Rogers and Laird at the earliest opportunity.

只要有機會,他就會盡早拋棄羅傑斯和萊爾德。

3. treat something seriously:嚴重看待……,把……看得很嚴重,認真對待…….

e.g. He is a playboy and he's never treated any girls seriously.

他是個花花公子,從沒對哪個女孩子認真過。

e.g. The chairman treats the letters the people send in seriously.

主席認真對待民衆的來信。

4. cannot help doing:禁不住做……

e.g. She cannot help associating the house with a scene of violent death.

她不禁想起這房子裏出過兇殺案。

e.g. Parents cannot help concerning themselves in school affairs.

家長不能不關心學校事務。

e.g. I cannot help being poor.

我是窮,可是沒有辦法呀!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章