迷你對話學地道口語第960期:多嘴多舌
第一, 迷你對話
A: Could you tell something about Jim?
你可以講Jim的事情嗎?
B: I just know that he has a big mouth.
我就是知道他是個多嘴的人。
A: Anything else?
還有別的嗎?
B: You see. It has been less than one week since we know each other.
你知道,我們相識還不到一週。
第二, 地道表達
have a big mouth
1. 解詞釋義
Have a big mouth表示“說不該說的話”,“多嘴多舌”“說話冒失”等意思。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. You had a big mouth, Joe. You should not have talked so much and so noisily when there were so many strangers .
你是個多嘴的傢伙,Joe,當着這麼多陌生人的面,你不該說得那麼大聲,說得那麼多。
e.g. I ' m not going to tell you the secret as you have a big mouth.
我不會把祕密告訴你,因爲你太多嘴了。
e.g. I’m not going to tell you the news as you have a big mouth.
我不會把這條消息告訴你,你的嘴不牢。
e.g. Don ' t tell him anything confidential ; she’s known for having a big mouth.
別告訴他任何機密的事情,她的大嘴巴是出了名的。
第三,咬文嚼字
1. less than :不到一週
e.g. It's less than five minutes' walk to a shopping mall.
走路不到五分鐘就有成片的商店。
e.g. Angele had loved him with a love no less than his own.
安琪兒對他的愛,跟他的也不相上下。
2. tell something about:說關於某人的事情,說說某事的情況
e.g. Would you tell me something about your family?
請告訴我一些你的家庭情況,好嗎?
e.g. Would you tell us something about the new Education Act?
請你給我們講講新的教育法好嗎?