口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第21期:horse face 從本人那裏聽說的

本文已影響 2.8W人 

The english we speak(BBC教學)第21期:horse face 從本人那裏聽說的

Finn: Hello, I'm Finn and we're presenting today's The English We Speak on horseback. I'm joined by…Sorry about that_ by Feifei…

芬:大家好,我是芬。今天我們所說的英語將要在馬背上爲大家呈現。和我一起的是...不好意思,菲菲...

Feifei: Hello. Yes, we're taking a horse-riding holiday in the beautiful mountains of Wales.

菲菲:大家好。是的,我們正在威爾士的美麗山坡上享受騎馬的假日

Finn: Isn't it glorious?

芬:這難道不美妙嗎?

Feifei: Beautiful. A million miles away from London.

菲菲:太美了。遠離倫敦百米。

Finn: Eh, talking about London – you know our friend Mark, did you hear his news?

芬:額,說起倫敦,你知道我們的朋友馬克,你聽說他的新聞了嗎?

Feifei: No, what happened?

菲菲:沒有,發生了什麼?

Finn: Great news for him. He sold his ice-cream delivery company.

芬:對他來說是好消息。他賣了他的冰激凌外賣公司。

Feifei: Wow!

菲菲:哇!

Finn: And he made 500,000 pound.

芬:而且他賺了50萬英鎊。

Feifei: Really? That's great news. Where did you hear that?

菲菲:真的嗎?這真是極好的新聞,你從哪聽說的?

Finn: Straight from the horse's mouth.

芬:直接從他嘴裏。

Feifei: Eh – from our horse? Our horse told you about Mark?

菲菲:額,從馬的嘴裏?我們的馬告訴你馬克的事?

Finn: No, straight from the horse's mouth means...

芬:不,直接從馬嘴裏意思是...

Feifei: I know what it means, just kidding! Straight from the horse's mouth means directly from the source of the news or information – so in this case our friend Mark told Finn himself about the ice-cream business. Right, Finn?

菲菲:我知道它的意思,我在開玩笑!直接從馬的嘴裏意思是直接從新聞或信息的來源獲得。所以在這裏我們的朋友馬克自己告訴了芬關於他冰激凌公司的事。對嗎,芬?

Finn: Absolutely. Listen to these examples:

芬:當然。聽聽這些例子吧:

A: Our university is going to start teaching courses in oceanography.

A:我們學校將要開設海洋學方面的課程了。

B: Really? How do you know that?

B:真的嗎?你怎麼知道的?

A: Straight from the horse's mouth – the head of the university told me.

A:直接從馬嘴裏知道的,學校的校長告訴我了。

A: Are you sure Michael is coming tomorrow? I haven't seen him for ages.

A:你確定邁克爾明天要來嗎?我好久沒有見他了。

B: Yes, straight from the horse's mouth. He phoned me yesterday to tell me!

B:是的,直接從馬嘴裏得知的。他昨天打電話告訴我了。

Feifei: Anyway, what's Mark going to do next?

菲菲:不論如何,馬克接下來打算怎麼辦?

Finn: Apparently he's starting a new ice-cream business – with lots of crazy flavours.

芬:很明顯他要新開一個冰激凌公司,擁有超級多的瘋狂口味。

Feifei: Like what?

菲菲:比如?

Finn: Grass-flavoured ice-cream.

芬:青草味的冰激凌。

Feifei: Really?

菲菲:真的嗎?

Finn: Sure - straight from the…

芬:當然了,直接從...

Feifei: Horse's mouth! Well, I think our horse friend might enjoy grass-flavoured ice-cream, but I'm not so sure myself. Anyway do check out for more phrases.

菲菲:馬嘴裏得到!好吧,我覺得我們的馬朋友可能會喜歡青草味的冰激凌,但是我就不一定了。不管怎樣,一定要查看來獲取更多的俚語

Finn: Bye. Giddy up.

芬:再見。駕!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章