口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第200期:鬼鬼祟祟

本文已影響 2.57W人 

迷你對話:
A: Susan has got married.

迷你對話學地道口語第200期:鬼鬼祟祟

Susan已經結婚了。

B: Really? How do you know that?

真的嗎?你怎麼知道的?

A: Her marriage was a hole and corner affair.

她祕密結婚的。

B: Why? That’s good news, but no one knows it?

爲什麼?這是件好事情,大家怎麼不知道呢?

A: I have no idea. Maybe she didn’t want to let us..., so...

不清楚。或許她不想讓我們......,所以......

地道表達:

hole and corner

解詞釋義:

hole是指“洞”,corner是指“角落”,這兩個地方都是比較隱蔽的,因此引申爲“偷偷摸摸,鬼鬼祟祟”的意思。

拓展講解

它一般用作定語,常做hole-and-corner。

支持範例:

Eg. The selection conferences smacked of a piece of hole and corner business.

這些選舉會議有點像是一樁見不得人的勾當。

Eg. I couldn't imagine her having the kind of hole and corner affair that had to be conducted in a dusty workroom.

我真難想像她會幹出那種只有在滿是灰塵的工作室才做得出的偷偷摸摸的事。

詞海拾貝:

have no idea:不知道

Eg. We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.

我們不知道如何說服他放棄這個念頭。

Eg. I have no idea when he will come.

我不知道他什麼時候來。

Eg. If you have no idea about it, consult a dictionary, please.

要是你對這個問題不清楚, 請你查字典得了。

Eg. You have no idea how headstrong she can be.

你不知道她會多麼任性。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章