口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第235期:自找麻煩

本文已影響 1.25W人 

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">迷你對話學地道口語第235期:自找麻煩

A: Listen to me.

聽着。

B: Cut it out. Stop talking nonsense.

夠了,少說廢話吧。

A: I wonder if you are looking for a fight.

我不知道你是否想打架。

B: Why not?

好呀!

地道表達:

look for

解詞釋義

look for有“招惹”的意思,轉義爲“自找麻煩”。

支持範例:

If you yell at a policeman, you are looking for trouble.

如果你對警察吆喝的話,那真是自找麻煩。

That foolish fellow is looking for trouble.

那個愚蠢的傢伙在自找麻煩。

詞海拾貝:

1 look for a fight:自找打架

Eg. If you're looking for a fight you don't have to look far.

如果你找人打架的話,不用找太遠。

2. cut out:停止

Eg. Let's cut out the talking and get back to work.

我們不談了,回去幹活吧。

Eg. Every time I got my motorcar started the engine cut out.

每次我一啓動我的摩托車,發動機就熄火了。

3. talk nonsense:說廢話,胡說八道

Eg. How can you talk such nonsense?

你怎麼會這樣胡說八道?

Eg. Oh, go to hell! Don't talk such nonsense!

去你的吧!別這麼胡說八道!

Eg. It is characteristic of him to talk nonsense.

胡說八道是他的特徵。

Eg. You know that well enough, so don't talk nonsense.

這點你知道得很清楚,因此不要說廢話了。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章