口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1314期:出人頭地

本文已影響 7.79K人 

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1314期:出人頭地

A: Who is the girl in the photo?

照片裏的那個女人是誰?

B: Oh, she was my classmate in college.

哦,她是我大學裏的同學。

A: She studied French in college.

她在大學學的是法語專業。

B: No. Remember, she was my classmate and we majored in history.

不是,記住她是我的同班同學,學的是歷史專業。

A: I read an article about her in the magazine. I think she has risen herself above the crowd.

我在一本雜誌裏讀到了一篇關於她的文章,她現在一定是出人頭地了。

第二,地道表達

rise oneself above the crowd

解詞釋義

Rise oneself above the crowd的字面意思是“升至人羣之上”,比喻爲“出人頭地”。

拓展範例

E.g. I want you to go ahead now and rise yourself above the crowd.

我希望你努力上進,將來出人頭地。

E.g. A man has to strike out for himself if he wants to rise himself above the crowd.

一個人要想出人頭地,就得自己去打天下。

第三,好詞妙語

in college:學院裏的

E.g. In college I majored in science. What was your major?

在學院裏,我主修自然科學。你主修什麼?

E.g. In college I made honors in my studies.

在大學裏,我的成績優異。

in the magazine:在雜誌中

E.g. I had been so enthralled by reading the serial stories in the magazine supplement.

我一直迷戀着閱讀雜誌增刊上的連載小說。

majored in:主修

E.g. She majored in English and minored in education.

她主修英文,副修教育。

in the photo:照片中的

E.g. Squinting her eyes,she smiled at the man in the photo.

她眯起眼睛看着照片,衝着照片裏的那個男人笑了。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章