口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1318期:退縮

本文已影響 6.54K人 

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1318期:退縮

A: I was invited to John's birthday party. Would mind going with me?

約翰邀請我參加約翰的生日晚會,你介意和我一起去嗎?

B: I'm afraid not. I quarreled with John last week. I'd better shy away from meeting him.

恐怕不行,上週我和John發生了口角,我最好還是避開他。

A: Let bygones be bygones.

過去的就讓它過去吧。

B: I don't know how he feels about it.

我不知道他怎麼想。

第二,地道表達

shy away from

解詞釋義

Shy away from 的意思是“避開一些令人不愉快的事或人”“面對......而退縮”。常用的結構是:shy away from something,shy away from doing something。

拓展範例

E.g. He is a loyal fan of extreme sports and never will shy away from adventures.

他非常熱中極限運動,而且勇於接受冒險。

E.g. Her eyes shy away from mine.

她一見我盯她就把自己的眼睛避開了。

E.g. It seems that girls shy away from careers in science and math.

女性似乎不願從事著重科學和數學的職業。

E.g. They shied away from buying the house when they learned the price.

我他們一聽說到房子的價格,就不買了。

第三,好詞妙語

be invited to something:受到邀請做某事

E.g. I consider it a great honor to be invited to this party.

被邀請來參加這次聚會我深感榮幸。

E.g. I've been invited to an Asian wedding.

我應邀參加亞洲人的婚禮

mind doing something:介意做某事

E.g. I wonder whether you would mind doing me a favour.

不知你能不能幫我一個忙。

E.g. Would you mind helping me? ie Would you please help me?

請幫幫我的忙好嗎?

quarrel with:與......爭吵,與......發生口角

E.g. It's very sad when husbands and wives quarrel with each other.

夫妻間起口角是很不幸的事。

E.g. He is good-natured and has never had a quarrel with anyone.

他脾氣很好,從不和任何人爭吵。

feel about something:對某事感受......

E.g. How would you feel about going to a baseball game tonight?

今天晚上去看一場棒球賽怎麼樣?

E.g. How do you feel about taking the job in China?

你對於到中國來接受這份工作有何感想?

E.g . How do you feel about it?

你覺得怎麼樣?


猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章