口語英語口語英語練習小對話

英語口語練習小對話 第905期:AA制

本文已影響 6.52K人 

A: There’s a question I’m not sure whether it is suitable to ask.

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第905期:AA制

有個問題,我不知道能不能問。

B: You know that I have no secrets toward you.

你知道我對你可沒什麼保密的。

A: When you go dinner with John, who feets the bill?

你和約翰出去吃飯時,是誰付賬的?

B: Why asking that? It’s often the sort of Dutch treat.

問着幹什麼?一般都是各付各的。

Dutch treat

1. 解詞釋義

Dutch treat是指“(付賬時)各付各的”,也就是我們說的AA制。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. Today we'll have a Dutch treat at the restaurant.

今天在餐館吃飯我們將各自付費。

e.g. Let's about making it a Dutch treat?

我們折中一下吧。各付各的怎麼樣?

e.g. I thought he was treating, but it turned out to be a Dutch treat.

我以爲他要請客,但結果是各付各的。

e.g. A Dutch treat can sometimes pull you out of an embarrassing situation.

各自付費有時能使你擺脫窘境。

1. go to dinner with sb.:和……一起吃晚餐

e.g. If we go to dinner with your boss, you're not to talk shop.

要是我們和你老闆一起去吃飯,你可不許談工作。

e.g. It's boring to go out to dinner with a cheapskate.

和小氣鬼一起出門吃飯真沒意思。

2. foot the bill:付賬

e.g. I was in a jam because I didn't have enough money to foot the bill.

我帶的錢不夠付帳,處境很狼狽。

e.g. I suppose Jim will foot the bill, as always.

我想吉姆會像往常一樣付賬的。

3. the sort of:那種

e.g. That's the sort of painting I like: simple, suggestive and uNPRetentious.

我就是喜歡這種畫;樸素,發人深思,而且毫無矯揉造作之感。

e.g. He's not the sort of man who would go back on his word.

他不是那種會食言的人。

3. be suitable to do sth.:做某事恰當

e.g. Would now be a suitable to show the slides?

現在放幻燈片合宜嗎?

e.g. It is not suitable to make a joke at the moment.

現在不宜開玩笑。

There’s a question I’m not sure whether it is suitable to ask.

要點解析:這個是一個含有定語從句的複合句。主句是There’s a question,定語從句是I’m not sure whether it is suitable to ask。先行詞也就是被修飾的詞是question這個名詞,它在定語從句中做ask的賓語,指代物,引導詞可以用that或者which,而且可以省略。

在定語從句中,含有一個由whether引導的補語從句:whether it is suitable to ask,補充說明not sure的的具體內容。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章