口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第199期:樂隊旅行 Band Trip

本文已影響 1.19W人 

Todd: So Alex you were saying that you took trips, band trips.

託德:亞歷克斯,你說過你去旅行了,樂隊旅行。

Alex: Yes, sir.

亞歷克斯:對,沒錯。

Todd: OK, so why don't you talk about a band trip.

託德:好,那你爲什麼不來談談樂隊旅行的事呢。

Alex: OK, let's see. The band trip we went to Florida, Disneyland actually. It was a lot of fun. Actually getting the money for the band trip, I had to fundraise a lot, and that was just a big humongous problem, cause, I don't know, the band organization was kind of disorganized, anyway, so the band trip, we went to Disneyland. It was a lot of fun, but we ended up playing frisbee all the time because we had nothing better to do really, and to tell you the truth I like Disneyland, but it's kind of kiddish to tell you the truth, um but it's a lot of fun. We actually, where did we march, Epcot.

亞歷克斯:好的,讓我想想。這次樂隊旅行我們去了佛羅里達州的迪斯尼樂園。我們玩得很開心。實際上我爲籌集樂隊旅行的資金做了很多,那是一個大問題,因爲我不知道原來樂隊組織處於有點混亂的狀態,不管怎麼說,我們爲籌集樂隊旅行的資金做了很多。我們玩得非常開心,但是我們每次都以玩飛盤遊戲結束,因爲我們實在沒有更有意思的事情可以做,實話告訴你吧,我喜歡迪斯蘭樂園,但是說實話那有點幼稚了,不過我們確實玩得很開心。我們還去了艾波卡特。

Todd: Oh, the Epcot Center.

託德:哦,艾波卡特中心。

Alex: Yeah, we marched around the Epcot center an hour or a half or so.

亞歷克斯:對,我們在那裏轉了一個小時,或是半個小時。

Todd: So how long was the trip down there?

託德:去那裏要多長時間啊?

Alex: Oh, we actually, we flew so, it wasn't that long. A couple of hours at most. The funny part is, half the band isn't, they hadn't flown before the actual trip so everybody was kind of nervous. It was kind of funny, but yeah I made a lot of friends. It was very interesting. I mean I got made of, made fun of, excuse me, in school, because you know the whole marching band, band geek, whatever but it was a lot of fun. You make a lot of friends and you just get out there and do what you like and it's a lot of fun.

亞歷克斯:哦,實際上我們是坐飛機去的,所以並沒有用太長時間。最多幾個小時。有意思的是,樂隊有一半的人在這次旅行之前沒有坐過飛機,所以每個人都有點緊張。這很有趣,當然我交到了很多朋友 。這非常有意思。我的意思是我在學校裏常被取笑,因爲你知道所有的軍樂隊成員,都像怪人,無論如何旅行很有意思。你可以交很多朋友,而且可以去做你想做的任何事,真的很開心。

Todd: Oh, that sounds like a fun trip. So when you were at Disneyland did you see Mickey mouse?

託德:哦,聽起來那是一趟開心的旅行。那你在迪斯尼樂園看到米奇了嗎?

Alex: Yes, I did.

亞歷克斯:看到了。

美語情景對話 第199期:樂隊旅行 Band Trip

重點講解
1. end up
最終;結果;到頭來;
eg. Wasteful people usually end up in debt.
揮霍浪費者最後往往負債。
eg. If you do that, you'll end up with egg on your face.
你要是做那件事,必將以恥辱告終。
eg. If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.
如果你不知道自己想要什麼,到頭來你可能得非所願。
2. to tell you the truth
說實在的;坦白說;
eg. To tell you the truth, I was afraid to see him.
坦白說,我害怕見他。
eg. To tell you the truth, I don't like the plan.
說實話,我不喜歡這個計劃。
3. make fun of
嘲弄, 取笑; 開玩笑;
eg. Don't make fun of the poor boy.
不要取笑那個可憐的孩子。
eg. That will teach him a lesson! It doesn't pay to make fun of the Law, my man!
那會給他一個教訓!與法律開玩笑絕不會有好下場,我的老弟。
eg. Everyone has more or less the problem, so we should not make fun of him, and they need our care.
每個人都有或多或少的問題,因此我們不要取笑他,他們需要我們的關心。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章