口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第58期: chuffed開心的

本文已影響 1.19W人 

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第58期: chuffed開心的

Kaz: Hello, I'm Kaz.

卡茲:大家好,我是卡茲。

Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li. Hey Kaz, you're looking very happy today, what's up - what's happened?

楊麗:我是楊麗。卡茲,你今天看起來很高興,怎麼了,發生了什麼?

Kaz: Well Li, you know that singing competition I went in for?

卡茲:麗,你知道我參加的那個歌唱比賽嗎?

Yang Li: Oh yes, the singing competition, what about it?

楊麗:哦是的,那個歌唱比賽,怎麼了?

Kaz: Ah,I came first.

卡茲:啊,我拿了第一名。

Yang Li: You did? Congratulations! You came first in the singing competition! Wow! No wonder you're so happy.

楊麗:你確定?恭喜!你竟然在歌唱比賽拿了第一名!哇!難怪你這麼高興。

Kaz: I certainly am Li. I'm feeling really chuffed.

卡茲:我的確很高興麗。我感覺很開心。

Yang Li: Feeling really chuffed?

楊麗:感覺非常開心?

Kaz: Yes, I'm feeling really chuffed - I'm feeling really pleased with myself.

卡茲:我感覺十分開心——我對自己很滿意。

Yang Li: 'Chuffed' - so 'feeling chuffed', means feeling pleased with yourself?

楊麗:“開心”,那麼“感覺開心”意思就是對自己很滿意?

Kaz: That's right.

卡茲:說得對。

Yang Li: So, for example, when I passed my driving test - many years ago - I felt chuffed with myself.

楊麗:所以,比如,當我通過了駕照考試,多年之前,我對自己非常滿意。

Kaz: I'm sure you did Li - I'm sure you were really chuffed with yourself.

卡茲:我確定你一定是的麗,我確定你當時對你自己非常滿意。

Yang Li: OK. So, 'to feel' or 'to be' chuffed about something means to be pleased with life - to be pleased with achieving something. 'Chuffed' - I like the sound of it. Let's listen to some more examples:

楊麗:好的。那麼,“感覺”或者“處於”對某事很開心意思是對生活很滿意,對達成某事很高興。“開心的”——我喜歡這個詞的發音。讓我們來聽更多的例子吧:

I say Alice. I'm feeling rather chuffed with my exam results. I got a distinction!

我說愛麗絲。我對自己的考試成績很滿意。我獲得了榮譽。

Congratulations! You've been promoted. You must be feeling well chuffed!

恭喜!你升職了。你一定很開心!

She's lost four kilos, she must be very chuffed.

她減掉了4公斤,她一定很開心。

Yang Li: Kaz, in those examples, I noticed that you can say 'rather chuffed' and 'well chuffed' what's the difference?

楊麗:卡茲,在這些例子裏,我注意到你可以說“很開心”和“非常開心”,有什麼區別呢?

Kaz: Well spotted Li. I'd say that 'rather chuffed' is quite formal and perhaps even a little old fashioned.

卡茲:發現得好麗。我覺得“很開心”十分的正式而且或許有一點過時。

Yang Li: And 'well chuffed'?

楊麗:那“非常開心”呢?

Kaz: 'Well chuffed' is much more informal and more colloquial.

卡茲:“非常開心”不太正式而且更通俗。

Yang Li: Which one would you prefer then?

楊麗:那你更喜歡哪個?

Kaz: I think I prefer 'rather chuffed'.

卡茲:我覺得我更喜歡“很開心”。

Yang Li: Well, I think we can be rather chuffed with ourselves today.

楊麗:我覺得我們今天對自己很滿意。

Kaz: How so Li?

卡茲:爲什麼這麼說麗?

Yang Li: We've successfully completed another programme.

楊麗:我們又一次成功地完成了節目。

Both: Bye!

一起:再見!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章