口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第993期:登門拜訪

本文已影響 1.72W人 

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第993期:登門拜訪

A: Tom and I have broken up.

Tom和我已經分手了。

B: Really? I’m afraid that he can’t face the music.

真的嗎?恐怕他沒法面對現實。

A: I’ve said all there is to him. I don’t want him to knock my door again.

我已經把該講的話都對他說了,我希望他在來找我了。

B: It seems that I must go to his home and cheer him up.

看起來我要去他家安慰下他了。

第二, 地道表達

knock one’s door

1. 解詞釋義

Knock one’s door的意思是“登門拜訪”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. I've never knock his door myself, though I know him so well.

我自己從來沒有貿然登門拜訪過他,雖然我很瞭解他。

e.g. He followed up his letter and knock her door the next week.

他發了一封信,第二個星期又親自登門拜訪。

e.g. He received a broad hint that they did not want him to knock his door again.

他得到明顯的暗示,他們不要他再來登門拜訪了。

第三, 咬文嚼字

1. break up:分手

e.g. What will happen to the children if Peter and Alice break up ?

如果彼得和愛麗絲離婚孩子們將怎麼辦?

e.g. She has been depressed since she broke up with her boyfriend.

她自從與男朋友斷絕關係以來一直情緒消沉。

2. face the music:面對現實

e.g. After he was caught with the stolen goods, he had to face the music.

他偷竊物品被逮到,他必須接受應得的懲罰。

e.g. You' ve been caught cheating now you must face the music.

你的騙局已經戳穿--這下子你得自食其果了。

3. cheer sb. up:使某人開心

e.g. Her husband took her to the concert to cheer her up.

爲使她高興起來,她丈夫帶她去聽音樂會。

e.g. We all tried to cheer her up, but she continued to feel sad.

我們試著讓她看開一點,但是她仍然感到傷悲。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章