口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1904期:不幸

本文已影響 1.38W人 

第一,情景對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1904期:不幸

A: I have dropped out of my college.

我不再上大學了。

B: Oh, hard lines! Why do you have to give up your study?

噢,真不幸!幹嗎要放棄學業呢?

A: My family can't afford my tuition. I have to help my family to tide over the difficulties.

家裏交不起學費。我得幫家裏渡過難關。

第二,詞海拾貝

hard lines

exp. A phrase used to express one's sympathy for someone else.(不幸)

e.g. A: I got drenched on my walk to work because I forgot my umbrella.

我在上班的路上淋溼了,因爲我忘了帶雨傘。

B: Aw, hard lines.

啊,真不幸。

第三,語彙積累

1. drop out of:退學,失學,從......中退出

e.g. She longed to drop out of the race and make an independent life for herself.

她真想脫離這個圈子去過自由的生活。

e.g. You'll never go to college if you drop out of high school.

如果高中輟學,你就永遠不能上大學了。

e.g. We won't drop out of the occupation, will we, after the war is over?

戰爭結束以後,我們不會從這個佔領地退出吧?

2. give up:放棄,停止

e.g. My doctor advised me to give up smoking without delay.

我的醫生勸我立即戒菸。

e.g. I shall give up my claim in submission to your wishes.

我將服從你的意願,放棄我的要求。

e.g. Don't give up hope; keep on trying.

不要灰心,繼續努力。

3. tide over:渡過(困難時期)

e.g. He sold his car to tide over his period of unemployment.

他賣掉了汽車以渡過他失業的一段時期。

e.g. The only way we can tide over the crisis is for everybody is that the employer and employees have to work together and help one another!

我們能度過危機的唯一方法是對每個人來說,僱主和僱員必須一起工作,互相幫助!

drop out of the college:不上大學

give up study:放棄學業

tide over difficulties:度過困難

afford one’s tuition:付得起學費


猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章