口語英語口語英語學習材料

OMG美語講堂第215期:Settle Down安定下來

本文已影響 2.25W人 

OMG! 美語 How I Met Your Mother: Settle Down!

ing-bottom: 56.41%;">OMG美語講堂第215期:Settle Down安定下來

Settle Down 安定下來

Kids, earlier in this story you may recall me saying something along the lines of:

孩子們,早在這個故事中,你可能記得我說的:

OK. No more dating. I am ready to settle down.

好啊。不再去約會。我準備好定下來。

Settle down 的意思就是跟你的女友或者男友定下來,準備好結婚。

You've been with Ryan for 3 years! Are you ready to settle down?

你和Ryan在一起已經有3年了!你們準備好定下來嗎?

Yeah I am SO ready for him to propose!

準備好啊!我希望他會向我求婚哦!

And at the time I probably thought I meant it.

當時我覺得我大概是說真的。

I mean it! 我說真的!

Stop dancing around! 別再接着跳舞了!

(other person dancing)

I mean it! Stop! 我是認真的!停下!

I didn't mean it! 我不是故意的!

I can't believe you don't like my glasses

我不敢相信你不喜歡我的眼鏡

I didn't mean it! I was joking!

我不是故意的!我是開玩笑的吧!

But kids, I'll be honest, being single's fun.

但是,孩子們,說實話,單身很好玩!

As a young, unattached man in New York City I had a great time.

住在紐約市年輕,單身的傢伙就非常好玩兒啦!

unattached 單身

My sister is still unattached. And she's 35!

我的姐姐還是單身的。她是35歲哦!

That's OK! She'll find her soulmate someday!

沒事吧!她還會找到她的靈魂伴侶啊!

A great time. 很好玩哦!

What was I saying? 我在說什麼?

Oh yeah. I had such a great time that it took someone very special

to make me want to settle down.

對啊。我玩兒的非常開心。但是一個非常特別的人讓我發現我準備好定下來。

And that someone was Jeanette.

那很特別的人就是Jeanette.

What made Jeanette so special?

Jeanette爲什麼很特別呢?

That was a foul!! 那就是犯規!!!

Jeanette was the last girl I dated before I met your mother.

我見到你的媽媽之前,Jeanette是我最後一個女朋友。

The girl who finally got me to say: "No more dating."

終於讓我說"不要再去約會"的女孩。

I'm ready to settle down. 我準備好定下來。

And really mean it. 我說真的。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章