口語英語口語英語學習材料

一分鐘英語 第64期:Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch

本文已影響 2.18W人 

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《英語一分鐘》欄目!

American English has a lot of animal idioms.

美式英語,有很多與動物有關的習語。

Here's a common one: Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch

下面就是一個常見的習語:Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch

Is this expression about math, or farming?

這個表達是關於數學的嗎,還是與農業有關?

一分鐘英語 第64期:Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch

My boss says I'm getting a raise!

我的老闆說我快要加薪了!

Time to get a new laptop computer and plan my trip to Brazil ...

是時候去買一臺新的筆記電腦,安排我的巴西之行……

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.

哇,哇,哇!

I'm happy for you, Jonathan, but has the money actually landed in your bank account?

Jonathan,真替你開心,但是實際上有多少錢存入你的銀行賬戶?

Well, not exactly, but...

額,並沒有,但是...

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

不要過早樂觀。

Don't count your chickens before they hatch means you should not depend on something until it actually happens.

雞蛋還沒孵出的時候,不要數小雞,意思是你不應該過早依靠一些事情,直到它真正發生。

Not every egg grows into a chicken.

並不是每一個雞蛋都會成長爲一隻雞。

So, you cannot count on having those chickens until they come out, or hatch, from their eggs.

所以你不能指望真正擁有這些雞直到他們真正出現,或是從雞蛋中孵化出來。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章