英語閱讀英語故事

《美食祈禱和戀愛》Chapter 86 (200):謊言拆穿

本文已影響 2.17W人 

ing-bottom: 100%;">《美食祈禱和戀愛》Chapter 86 (200):謊言拆穿

When I told her I wasn't married ("Not yet!") she looked taken aback.

我說自己未婚("尚未結婚"),她看起來吃了一驚。

"Never been married?" she asked.

"從沒結過婚嗎?"她問。

"No," I lied. I don't like lying, but I generally have found it's easier not to mention divorce to the Balinese because they get so upset about it.

"沒有。"我撒謊。我不喜歡撒謊,但我普遍發現最好別和巴厘島人提起離婚,因爲這讓他們不舒服。

"Really never been married?" she asked again, and she was looking at me with great curiosity now.

"真的沒結過婚?"她又問一次,此刻饒富興味地看着我。

"Honestly," I lied. "I've never been married."

"真的,"我撒謊,"我沒結過婚。"

"You sure?" This was getting weird.

"你確定?"這開始有些古怪。

"I'm totally sure!"

"我很確定!"

"Not even once?" she asked.

"一次婚都沒結過?"她問。

OK, so she can see through me.

好吧。她看穿了我。

"Well," I confessed, "there was that one time . . ."

"這個嘛,"我供認,"有過一次……"

And her face cleared like: Yes, I thought as much.

她的臉亮了起來,彷彿在說:"沒錯,我想也是。"

She asked, "Divorced?"

她問:"離了婚?"

"Yes," I said, ashamed now.

"是的,"此刻我心懷羞愧地說,

"Divorced."

"離了婚。"

"I could tell you are divorced."

"我看得出你離過婚。"

"It's not very common here, is it?"

"在此地不太尋常吧?"

"But me, too," said Wayan, entirely to my surprise. "Me too, divorced."

"我也是,"大姐完全出乎我意外地說,"我也離了婚。"

"You?"

"你?"

"I did everything I could," she said. "I try everything before I got a divorce, praying every day. But I had to go away from him."

"我該做的都做了,"她說,"離婚前,我試盡所有辦法,天天禱告。但我必須離開他。"

Her eyes filled up with tears, and next thing you knew, I was holding Wayan's hand, having just met my first Balinese divorcée, and I was saying, "I'm sure you did the best you could, sweetie. I'm sure you tried everything."

她眼淚汪汪,接着我握着大姐的手,只因遇見第一位巴厘島離婚人士,我說:"我相信你盡了最大努力。我相信該做的你都做了。"

"Divorce is too sad," she said. I agreed.

"離婚是哀傷的事。"她說。我同意。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章