英語閱讀英語故事

經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第5章6

本文已影響 2.84W人 

Tricia didn't know where to start.

padding-bottom: 56.09%;">經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第5章6

崔茜卡不知道從何說起。

Own up, she thought. There's no point in trying to second guess any of this stuff.

爽快點,她暗想,你自個兒在這兒瞎琢磨是沒用的。

So she said, 'But I don't know anything about astrology.'

於是她說:“可我根本不懂什麼占星術。”

'We do.'

“我們懂。”

'You do?'

“你們懂?”

'Yes. We follow our horoscopes. We are very avid. We see all your newspapers and your magazines and are very avid with them. But our leader says we have a problem.'

“是的,我們照我們的天宮圖做。我們很有積極性。你們所有的報紙和雜誌我們都看,而且非常積極。但我們的領袖說我們遇上了一個問題。”

'You have a leader?'

“你們有一個領袖?”

'Yes.'

“是的。”

'What's his name?'

“他叫什麼名字?”

'We do not know.'

“我們不知道。”

'What does he say his name is, for Christ's sake? Sorry, I'll need to edit that. What does he say his name is?'

“見鬼,他說自己叫什麼名字?抱歉,我得把這段剪掉。他說自己叫什麼名字?”

'He does not know.'

“他不知道。”

'So how do you all know he's the leader?'

“那你們怎麼會知道他就是領袖?”

'He seized control. He said someone has to do something round here.'

“他奪到了權力。他說這兒總得有人做點什麼。”

'Ah!' said Tricia, seizing on a clue. 'Where is “here”?'

“啊!”崔茜卡逮住了這條線索,“'這兒'是哪兒?”

'Rupert.'

“魯伯特。”

'Your people call it Rupert. The tenth planet from your sun. We have settled there for many years. It is highly cold and uninteresting there. But good for monitoring.'

“你們的人管它叫魯伯特。從你們的太陽往外數的第十個行星。我們已經在那兒定居好些年了。那地方冷的要命,又特別無聊,但很適於監控。”

'Why are you monitoring us?'

“你們爲什麼要監控我們?”

'It is all we know to do.'

“我們只會幹這個。”

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀