基礎學英語零基礎學英語

那些有關愛情的習語(一)大綱

本文已影響 6.37K人 

地道是學習語言的不變追求,本文整理了25個關於愛情的地道習語,希望對大家有所幫助。

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">那些有關愛情的習語(一)

IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY

1.墜入愛河

start feeling love towards somebody

對某人產生感情


I think I’m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?

我好像喜歡上了自己的好朋友,怎麼辦


2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

2.一見鍾情

falling in love with somebody the first time you see them

初次見面,便喜歡某人


My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.

我和妻子在一次聚會上相識。我們一見鍾情。

3. BE AN ITEM

3.確立戀愛關係

two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship

兩人交往時確立戀愛關係


I didn’t know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn’t even look at each other at dinner.

我一點也沒發現克里斯和蘇在一起了。他們兩吃飯時從不看彼此。

4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN

4.天作之合

a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well

一段戀愛中,兩人十分融洽,因爲他們有了彼此才完整。


Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?

-I hope they will. They’re a match made in heaven.

你認爲馬特和阿曼達會結婚嗎?

-希望如此。他兩簡直是絕配。


5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE)

5.死心塌地

be in love with somebody very much

深深陷入愛情


Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.

看他們愛的死心塌地神魂顛倒。

6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY

6.卿卿我我

expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging

在公衆場合親吻擁抱,卿卿我我。


I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.

我不想跟詹妮和大衛一起出去。他兩總是卿卿我我,真讓人受不了。

7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY

7.爲某人所傾倒

finding somebody extremely attractive

認爲某人格外耀眼


Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.

納丁總是爲新學徒所吸引。要是她約他出去,我一點也會不驚訝。

8. PUPPY LOVE

8.初戀

short-term adolescent love

少男少女之間的短暫愛情


My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?

-Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.

我兒子雖然才十二歲,但已經開始戀愛了。會不會太早了?

-別擔心,初戀是短暫的。


9. double DATE

9.四人約會

two couples going out together on a date

兩對戀人一起約會


I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.

你能和湯姆的兄弟在一起真是太好了。現在我們可以一起約會了。

10. ON THE ROCKS

10.瀕於破裂

if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks

如果關係中出現問題,可以用瀕於破裂形容

 

I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.

我覺得他們很難修成正果。畢竟二人之間的關係趨於破裂。


11. LOVE RAT

11.負心漢

somebody who cheats on his/her partner

某人有外遇


Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.

不要妄想約珍出來。想想要怎麼面對自己的妻子?別做負心漢。

12. POP THE QUESTION

12.求婚

ask somebody to marry you

向某人求婚


So, did Ben pop the question last night?

-No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.

那麼,班向你求婚了麼?

-沒有,只是約我出去吃飯。


猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章