迷你對話學地道口語第1215期:在正義的一方
第一, 迷你對話
A: Do you know his opinions of this matter?
你知道他對此事的看法嗎?
B: In regard to this problem, he is on the side of the angles.
關於這個問題,他堅持傳統觀點。
A: Oh, I see. Do you think there is a ray of hope to change his ideas?
哦,我知道了。那你覺得沒有一點改變他想法的希望嗎?
B: Actually, like you, I have no idea. He is traditional man.
說實話,就和你一樣,我沒有注意,他是一個非常傳統的人。
A: Maybe we can try.
我們或許可以試試。
B: OK.
好吧。
第二, 地道表達
on the side of the angles
1. 解詞釋義
On the side of the angles的意思是“站在道義的一方”“堅持傳統觀點”。
第三, 咬文嚼字
in regard to:關於……
e.g. I am quite at sea in regard to his explanation.
他的解釋使我如墮五里霧中。
e.g. In regard to his suggestions we shall discuss them fully.
關於他的建議,我們將充分地討論。
a ray of hope:一線希望
e.g. I was left without a ray of hope.
我連一線希望也沒有了。
e.g. Animated with a ray of hope, the child shot on before her grandfather, going close to the stranger.
這一線希望的光芒鼓舞了她,女孩子離開了她的外祖父,衝到那個陌生人的身邊。
have no idea:不知道
e.g. We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.
我們不知道如何說服他放棄這個念頭。
e.g. If you have no idea about it, consult a dictionary, please.
要是你對這個問題不清楚, 請你查字典得了。