迷你對話學地道口語第1225期:耍兩面派
第一, 迷你對話
A: I can see through you. I know how good you are at playing a double game.
我看透你了,我知道你善於耍兩面派手段。
B: What do you mean? Do you mean I am two-faced person?
這是什麼意思?你是說我是兩面派人嗎?
A: You may think you are smart, but most of us know you are running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.
你也許認為你很聰明,但是我們絕大部分人都知道你在兩面討好。
第二, 地道表達
play a double game
1. 解詞釋義
Play a double game的意思是“耍兩面派手段”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. The electorate is growing tired of his playing a double game.
選民對他的口是心非逐漸生厭。
e.g. I didn't know my assistant would play a double game.
我沒料到我的助手是個兩面派。
第三, 咬文嚼字
see through:看穿,看透
e.g. Women of her mold are easy to see through.
她那種性格的女人是很容易看穿的。
e.g. I see through your game.
我看穿你的把戲了。
be good at:擅長……
e.g. He is good at managing money matters.
他很會理財。
e.g. He' s well-intentioned but not very good at getting things done.
他常常是好心辦不出好事。
run with the hare and hunt with the hounds:兩面討好
e.g. He must realize that he can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
他必須意識到他不能兩面討好。
e.g. " I am not going to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds" he thought" I must act for her. The dad would have wished that"
“我可不想兩面討好,”他想。“我應該幫她一把。爸爸一定也希望我這樣做的。”