英語學習英語閱讀技巧

雙語美文:如果沒有那位醫生的善意……

本文已影響 1.97W人 

Tuesday morning

雙語美文:如果沒有那位醫生的善意……

週二早上


my 5 year old woke up and his eye was extremely swollen and red.

我5歲的兒子剛起牀,就發現自己的眼睛又紅又腫,情況十分嚴重。


I took him to urgent care up the road

我立刻帶他出門去看急診

 

and after being examined by the doctor, she was very concerned.

醫生爲他做了檢查,情況令人擔憂


They prescribed [en]antibiotics

[/en]

醫院開了消炎藥

 

but said I needed to take him to the ophthalmologist right away.

又說,我必須立刻帶他去看眼科醫生

 

The one in my town didn’t have any same day appointments

當地醫院的眼科醫生這一天的號已經沒有了


 but they were able to get me into one about 45 min away.

但他們可以帶我去看另一個眼科醫生,大約需要45分鐘車程


I was already holding back tears

我已經在強忍自己的眼淚


 because I was scared for my son.

爲兒子的情況惶恐不已

 

My gas tank was on E

那時我的車油箱已經空了

 

and I don’t get paid until the 3rd.

直到下個月3號才能領到工資


I completely lost it

想到這裏,我的情緒終於崩潰了

 

and told the nurse what was going on.

我把自己的處境告訴了護士


I said I had to call some people

我說,我得打電話給親戚朋友 


and ask to borrow some gas money

找他們借點錢給車加油

 

but I would get him there somehow.

但我一定會想方設法帶兒子去看醫生


A minute later

一分鐘後

 

the doctor came in and handed me 20$

醫生走到我面前,遞給我20美元

 

so we could get to the appointment.

我們順利到達了那個醫院。


It was just so touching.

我備受感動


I'm going to bring her a card with the 20$ on the 3rd.

下個月3號,我會把20美元還給她,還會饋贈一張感恩卡片


She never said I needed to pay her back

她從沒要求過我還錢給她

 

but I just want her to know how much the kindness she showed meant to me.

但我希望她知道,她對我的善意,對我來說有多麼重要!


猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀