口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第264期:Texas 得克薩斯州

本文已影響 2.57W人 

Todd: So, Ivan, where are you from?

託德:伊凡,你來自哪裏?

Ivan: I'm from Texas.

伊凡:我來自得克薩斯州。

Todd: Texas!

託德:得克薩斯州!

Ivan: Yep.

伊凡:沒錯。

Todd: OK, what's the difference between Texas and Japan?

託德:嗯,那得州和日本有什麼不同?

Ivan: Texas is big and Japan is little.

伊凡:得州很大,日本很小。

Todd: Yeah, how about the food?

託德:好的,那食物呢?

Ivan: The food! In Texas we eat a lot of steak, we eat a lot of meat, a lot of beans, a lot of bad stuff for you, but it tastes good.

伊凡:食物!通常得州會吃牛排類的食物,很多肉類,豆類,還有對你來說很糟的食物,不過味道很不錯。

Todd: Yeah, what kind of food do you prefer?

託德:嗯,你喜歡哪種食物?

Ivan: You know it's funny. I go back to Texas sometimes and I can't eat that anymore. I'm so used to the lighter meals: the fish and stuff here. Um, what do I like more? Sometimes I like chili, sometimes I like sushi.

伊凡:你知道這很有趣。我有時會回得州去,而我卻不再吃那裏的食物了。因爲我已經習慣了清淡的飲食:比如日本的魚類和其他食物。嗯,我最喜歡哪類食物?有時我喜歡咖喱,有時我喜歡吃壽司。

Todd: Yeah, how does the weather compare with Texas and Japan?

託德:嗯,那要比較一下得州和日本的天氣呢?

Ivan: Ah, I'm from Houston, Texas which is in the south and that's just hot, hot, hot. Never had a white Christmas in Houston. The average is about 41, 41 degrees in the summer.

伊凡:嗯,我來自得克薩斯州休斯敦,那裏位於南部,所以非常熱,特別的熱。休斯敦的聖誕節就從沒下過雪。夏季的平均氣溫有41度。

Todd: Whoa!

託德:哇!

Ivan: Yeah, so it rains a lot more here too. I still can't get used to all the rain.

伊凡:對,而日本夏季雨水豐富。我實在是不能適應這裏的雨水。

Todd: So, Houston is pretty close to Mexico, right?

託德:那休斯敦離墨西哥很近,對嗎?

Ivan: Yeah, actually, it's a nine hour drive, well not nine, maybe six. I used to go down there back in high school. Me and my buddies would go. There's no drinking age in Mexico. Beer is about 25 cents or 30 yen over there.

伊凡:對,實際上,開車需要九個小時的時間,嗯,也許不是九個小時,大概六個小時吧。上高中時我曾去過墨西哥。我和我朋友去的。墨西哥對飲酒的年齡沒有限制。那裏啤酒只要25美分,也就是30日元。

Todd: Yeah, what do you remember about your trips to Mexico?

託德:嗯,你還記得去墨西哥旅行的事嗎?

Ivan: Not much, which is why we went. We just went. It was called a border town. Basically they just exist to take care of high school and college kids that want to party for a couple of nights. It's not really nice but it's cheap and it's fun.

伊凡:至於我們爲什麼要去那裏,我印象不深了。我們去了一個邊境小鎮。基本上來說,那裏就是方便照顧高中生和大學生的地方,這些學生希望去那裏狂歡幾個夜晚。那裏不是很好,不過很便宜,而且很有趣。

美語情景對話 第264期:Texas 得克薩斯州

重點講解
1. be/get used to sth./doing sth.
習慣於某事;
eg. She was not used to mixing with people of high social rank.
她不習慣和社會地位很高的人攪和在一起。
eg. You'll get used to it.
你會習慣的。
eg. He is used to taking notes of everything he did.
他習慣把他所做的一切事情都記下來。
2. used to do sth.
過去常常;過去曾做某事;
eg. He used to be one of the professors at the School of Education.
他曾是教育學院的一名教授。
eg. It's ironic that she became a teacher—she used to hate school.
令人啼笑皆非的是她成了教師—她過去一向厭惡上學
3. take care of
照顧;照看;看護;
eg. There was no one else to take care of their children.
沒有別人可以照料他們的孩子。
eg. You have to learn to take care of your possessions.
你得學會保管好自己的財物。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀