吸血鬼日記S03E04筆記:購物療法讓我的頭都要炸了
1、You're up to something, tell me.
告訴我你在謀劃什麼。
be up to
密謀;祕密做某事
e.g: The children are very quiet. I wonder what they're up to.
孩子們這麼安靜,我想知道他們又在打什麼鬼主意呢。
2、You drop in, you tell me not to trust Vicki, and then you disappear?
你突然出現,告訴我不要相信薇姬之後你就消失了?
drop in
突然走訪;順便走訪
[en]e.g: Why don't you drop in for a drink one evening?
哪天晚上順便來喝點咋樣?
3、Yeah, well, just 'cause you and I are on ok terms doesn't mean that I'm a suddenly a big advocate for your "lifestyle".
好吧,別以爲咱倆關係不錯就表示我贊同你的生活方式。
on OK/good terms (with somebody)
與某人關係不錯
e.g: We were soon on good terms.
我們很快就變成好朋友了。
4、Retail therapy was making my head explode.
購物療法讓我的頭都要炸了。
retail therapy
購物療法(不開心時買些不必要的東西發泄)
e.g: What you need is a bit of retail therapy!
你需要的是來點購物治療。
5、Well, you're no picnic, either.
你也不好對付。
be no picnic
困難的事;並非輕鬆的事
e.g: Bringing up six children is no picnic!
帶六個孩子並非輕鬆的事。
6、You bond with him; make her feel left out.
你和他搞好關係,讓她有失落感。
bond with
和某人建立起不一般的關係
e.g: Time must be given for the mother to bond with her baby.
母親與孩子建立好的關係必須要投入時間。。
be/feel left out
感受到冷落
e.g: New fathers often feel left out when baby arrives.
孩子出生時,剛做爸爸的人會覺得受到冷落。
7、 just can't pop up every time she and I are together.
你不能總在我和她在一起的時候突然出現。
pop up
突然出現;冒出來;彈出來
e.g: Click here, and a list of files will pop up.
點這,一個文件列表會彈出來。