點滴英語天天學第321期:雅思詞彙(161)
1. Expression:in one’s hair
Explanation:Annoying someone. (使人心煩,激怒某人)
Usage:它是一個介詞短語,可以動詞get連用表示“讓某人心煩,激怒某人”的意思,即:get in one’s hair。也可以放於系動詞後,即:be in one’s hair,表示“給某人攪得心煩意亂”這種狀況。
Example:The kids are totally getting in my hair today, so I need you to take them out of the house for a little bit.
今天,孩子們讓我非常心煩意亂,所以我需要你帶他們出去一會兒。
The new intern has been in my hair all day so I don't know how I'm going to get my report finished before the deadline.
新來的實習生讓我覺得很煩,所以我不知道我如何在最後期限完成我的報告。
You can watch what I am doing, but don't get in my hair.
你可以觀看我在做什麼,但是別打攪我。
I wish you wouldn't get in my hair when I was trying to do something.
我希望你在我盡力做事的時候不要打攪我。
A: Don’t always get in my hair!
別開煩我!
B: We are good friends, don’t we? Let me know about your trouble and may help you.
我們是好朋友,不是嗎?讓我知道你的煩惱,或許我能幫上忙。
2. Expression:get one’s goat
Explanation:To annoy or anger one. (激怒某人,惹怒某人)
Example:.I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get your goat.
對不起,我不是故意惹你生氣的。
Jean got Sally's goat and Sally made quite a fuss about it.
Jean把Sally惹火了,於是Sally就小題大做起來了。
That guy just gets my goat every time he opens his mouth.
那傢伙每次一開口就惹我生氣。
3. Expression:against the hair
Explanation:Against the grain. (與某人的性格、感情或願望等格格不入,有違本性)
Example:It really goes against the hair to have to go into the office at weekends.
我真不願意週末還要上班。
It goes against the hair for me to accept money merely for giving somebody a help hand.
僅僅因幫助了某人而要接納錢財與我的意願相違的。
Such dishonesty goes against the hair.
如此的不誠實有違個人的本性。