口語英語口語英語學習材料

點滴英語天天學第321期:雅思詞彙(181)

本文已影響 2.62W人 

1. Expression:jerk one’s chain

點滴英語天天學第321期:雅思詞彙(181)

Explanation1:To tease someone, often by trying to convince them of something untrue. (取笑某人

Example:Quit jerking my chain, I know there isn't a Hollywood director calling me right now.

別取笑我了,我知道現在沒有一個好萊塢的導演打電話給我。

I love jerking my sister's chain—it's almost too easy to annoy her.

我喜歡取笑我的姐姐,惹她生氣太容易了。

Explanation 2:To make someone upset. (使人心煩意亂,使某人煩惱或受害

Example:—— Hey! Can I ask you another question? ——Stop jerking my chain. I’m trying to study here.

——我可不可以再問你一個問題呢?——不要再煩我了! 我要念書。

—— Hey, let’s go to the zoo. ——Stop jerking my chain. I must finish my homwork today, otherwise mohter will be fussy.

——嘿,我們去動物園玩。——別煩我了,我今天必須把作業寫完,否則媽媽會教訓我的。

2. Expression:Jitterbug

Explanation:A highly nervous person. (緊張兮兮的人,容易緊張的人

Example:——After the earthquake, Nancy became a Jitterbug, being nervous all the time. ——Being a friend of hers, you should give her more help.

——地震後,Nancy變得成天緊張兮兮的,心神不寧。——你作爲她的一個朋友,應該多多幫助她。

3. Expression:job hop

Explanation:To change jobs. (更換工作,跳槽

Example:——You shouldn’t have taken job hops so frequently. You should settle down in a company anhd learn some useful things. ——But I like to work in new enviornments.

——你不該頻繁地跳槽,應該在一個公司安定下來,學點有用的東西。——但是我喜歡在新的環境中工作。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章