英語閱讀英語閱讀理解

讓自己變成“乘數”

本文已影響 1.31W人 

I don't remember exactly what grade I was in when it happened.
我不記得那件事情發生的時候自己在上幾年級了
All I remember is that suddenly Math was no longer fun.
我只記得,數學課不再那麼有趣了
Since the first grade I had always loved Math.
然而,從一年級起,我曾一直都很喜歡數學
I was a wiz at adding and subtracting .
做起加減法,我簡直是個睿智的巫師
I got 100 percent on almost every paper I did.
幾乎每次考試我都會得一百分
All at once, though,
可是,彷彿是忽然之間
we were doing something called multiplication
我們開始學習那種叫做“乘法”的東西
and I was no good at it.
對此我卻很不在行
I struggled on my first few worksheets
最初的幾次作業我都做得很艱難
until the teacher gave us each a card.
後來,我們老師給我們每人分發了一張卡片
On it were written the multiplication tables.
上面寫着乘法表
I stared at them and smiled.
我看着那些表格,笑了起來。
Here were all the answers I needed.
這就是我需要的全部答案。
I read them over and over
我一遍一遍的誦讀那些算式
until they became stuck in my head.
直到他們深深的印入了我的腦子
On our next test I did great again.
接下來的考試,我的成績又十分出色了
I continued to love Math
我保持着對數學的愛意
until I reached high school
直到我念高中的時候
and encountered something horrible called Algebra.
遭遇了那種叫做“線性代數”的東西。
I also began to notice how multiplication flowed through the nature world.
我開始注意到,乘法的法則是如何在大自然中運作的。
I saw how a tiny handful of seeds could produce a garden full of food.
我看到,一捧小小的種子可以變成菜園裏滿滿的豐收。
I saw how having two rabbits could soon give you twenty.
我看到,當你擁有兩隻小兔子,它們會讓你再擁有二十隻小兔崽。
I saw how tossing a little pebble into a pond could produce ripples
我看到,把一顆小小的鵝卵石投入池塘,就會產生一圈圈漣漪,
that seemed to go on forever.
圈圈不停的向外蔓延
I saw how a few caring words could heal a hurting heart.
我看到,幾句關懷的話語可以治癒一顆受傷的心靈
And I saw how a single act of loving-kindness could travel from person to person,
我還看到,一個小小的、表達愛意的舉動會把愛意從一個人傳播給另一個人
heart to heart,
從一顆心感染另一顆心
and soul to soul
從一個靈魂觸動另一個靈魂
until it circled the world.
直到繞地球一圈
The truth is we are all multipliers in this life.
事實上,在生活中,我們都是算式裏的“乘數”
The only question is what are we going to multiply .
唯一的問題是,我們要讓什麼東西翻倍增多
Are we going to multiply the fear, anger, and distrust that exists in this world?
讓存在於世間的恐懼,憤怒,猜忌翻倍增多
Or are we going to multiply the love, kindness, and forgiveness that Life so freely gives us?
還是讓生活慷慨的饋贈給我們的愛,善良和原諒翻倍增多?
I for one choose the latter
我個人願意選擇後者
and I hope you will do the same.
我希望你亦是如此
Be a multiplier then.
那麼,請做一個“乘數”吧!
Help make this world a better place.
獻出一份力量,讓世界成爲更好的地方
Spend your days sowing smiles.
用你的生活編織微笑
Spend your days planting kindness.
用你的時間栽種善良
Spend your days sharing love.
用你的日子傳播愛意
You will be amazed at how much and how rapidly it multiplies.
你會驚訝,會發現它傳播的如此之快,它變得如此繁盛
You will be amazed at the harvest you will reap.
你會爲自己滿滿的豐收驚喜不已。

讓自己變成“乘數”

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章