英語閱讀英語故事

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第9章:電臺毛拉(23)

本文已影響 1.47W人 

I was in the back with my mother.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第9章:電臺毛拉(23)

我和母親坐在後座。

My cousin quickly gave us his music cassettes to hide in our purses.

堂兄急急忙忙地把他的錄音帶塞進我們的提包裏。

The Taliban were dressed in black and carried Kalashnikovs. They told us, ‘Sisters, you are bringing shame.

身穿黑衣服的塔利班帶着突擊步槍靠近車子,他看着我和母親說:姐妹們,你們應該爲自己感到羞恥。

You must wear burqas.’

你們應該穿上罩袍。

When we arrived back at school after Eid, we saw a letter taped to the gate.

開齋節告一段落,當我們返回學校時,看見學校的大門上貼着一封信。

‘Sir, the school you are running is Western and infidel,’ it said.

上面寫道:先生,你所經營的學校崇尚西方教育和異教思維。

‘You teach girls and have a uniform that is un-Islamic.

你讓女孩子上學讀書,而且校服也不符合伊斯蘭教的教義。

Stop this or you will be in trouble and your children will weep and cry for you.’ It was signed, ‘Fedayeen of Islam’.

停止你的惡行,否則你是在給自己找麻煩。最後,你的孩子會哭着幫你送終。署名是伊斯蘭游擊隊。

My father decided to change the boys’ uniform from shirt and trousers to shalwar kamiz, baggy pyjama-like trousers and a long shirt.

父親決定把男孩們的制服從襯衫、長褲換成沙爾瓦爾克米茲,也就是一條寬鬆的像睡褲一樣的長褲配一條長T恤。

Ours remained a royal-blue shalwar kamiz with a white dupatta, or headscarf, and we were advised to keep our heads covered coming in and out of school.

女生的服裝保持不變,還是寶藍色的沙爾瓦爾克米茲,但是配上了一條都帕塔,也就是一條長長的頭巾。同時,校方建議我們出入校門時記得把頭臉都遮好。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章