職場社交英語 Lesson 63:我的道行就是比較高
職場社交英語 Lesson 63:我的道行就是比較高
SCENE① C ?吉娜與戴夫繼續在停車場說話
【我的道行就是比較高】
Dave: But how did you know I was working for WebTracker?
戴夫: 可是你怎知道我在替“網路搜尋家”工作?
Zina: When I was in LA, I met the WebTracker 1) sales rep.
吉娜: 當我在洛城的時候,我跟“網路搜尋家”的業務代表碰過面。
Dave: He couldn't have told you. Only a few people at WebTracker know about me.
戴夫: 他不可能會跟你說的。“網路搜尋家”只有少數人知道我。
Zina: The sales rep had a green note pad just like yours. He said everybody at WebTracker used them.
吉娜: 那個業務代表用的綠色便利貼跟你的一樣。他說“網路搜尋家”的人都用這種。
Dave: I can't believe it. I can't believe I 2) fell into your trap.
戴夫: 不敢相信。我不相信自己掉進了你的陷阱。
Zina: We both may be snakes, Dave, but I'm just better at it. Among the snakes, I'm the sneakiest.
吉娜: 我們倆或許都是詐包,戴夫,但我的道行就是比較高。在詐包當中,我可是詐包冠軍。
語言詳解:
A: I climbed through the window, so my parents wouldn't know that I left the house.
我從窗子爬出去,這樣我爸媽才不會知道我出去了。
B: Wow! You're really sneaky!
哇!你真狡猾!
【better at it 道行比較高】
這個片語以用better 是因為有兩者之間的比較,一般情況下只說 good at it“精於此道”。要注意介係詞只能用at。
A: I know you are a pianist in your own right.
我知道你天生就是一位鋼琴家。
B: No. I know how to play the piano. But I'm not good at it.
不是的。我懂得彈鋼琴,但我並不精於此。
A: You're too modest. You're better at it than many performers.
你太謙虛了。你比許多表演者道行還高強。
1) sales rep 業務代表;rep “代表”是representative 的略縮。
2) fall into one's trap 陷入某人的陷阱