一分鐘英語 第49期:Breath of Fresh Air 新事物
本文已影響
9.25K人
Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
歡迎收聽《一分鐘英語》,在這裡我們將教授您一些美式俚語。Imagine you are standing outside after a rain storm, and you take a deep breath.
想象你自己站在雨後的室外,深吸一口氣。Its new, fresh, and it smells good.
空氣很新鮮,好聞極了。
But what does this have to do with American English?
但是這和美語有什麼關係呢?I love the new baseball coach.
我喜歡新的棒球教練。He's got great ideas for making us better players.
他的訓練方法很好,能把我們訓練成更好的棒球手。He does. He's like a breath of fresh air for the team.
確實是的。他就像是棒球隊的一股新鮮空氣,讓棒球隊耳目一新。"A breath of fresh air" means something new.
“新鮮空氣”(A breath of fresh air)是用來形容新事物的。It's a nice change from the way things used to be.
這是一種很好的改變。You can use this phrase to describe an event, a place, or even a person.
你可以用這個短語去形容一件事,一個地方,甚至是一個人。And you can use this phrase in any situation.
你可以把這個短語用在任何場合。And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。