迷你對話學地道口語第1816期:千載難逢,極其罕見
第一,迷你對話
A: Who plays a more important role in your education, you father or your mother?
是你父親還是你母親對你教育更多些呢?
B: My mother, of course.
當然是我母親。
A: How about your father?
那你父親怎樣呢?
B: He turns out once in a blue moon.
我很少見到他。
第二,地道表達
once on a blue moon
1. 解詞釋義
Blue moon是指“不可能或稀有的時期或事情”,once in a blue moon這個短語的意思是“千載難逢,極為罕見”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. We only go home to visit my folks once in a blue moon.
我們難得回家去看我父母。
e.g. It's only once in a blue moon that you get an opportunity like that.
像那樣的機會,你能得到的實在是太少了。
e.g. It snow here once in a blue moon.
這裏幾乎不下雪。
e.g. He got her letter once in a blue moon.
他很少收到她的來信。
第三,視野拓展
1. play a role:扮演角色,發揮作用
e.g. They played a shameful role in this farce.
他們在這場鬧劇中扮演了可恥的角色。
e.g. She would only play a role if she could identify with the character.
她只願扮演她能認同的角色。
e.g. The young captain played a decisive role in the success of the revolutionary war.
這位年輕的上校在革命戰爭勝利中起着決定性的作用。
2. turn out:出現,出席,參加
e.g. Thousands of people turned out for the funeral.
數千人蔘加了葬禮。
e.g. I wish I hadn't to turn out in this cold, foggy weather.
在這寒冷而多霧的天氣裏,我要是不必外出該有多好。