迷你對話學地道表達第1308期:最低點,最低谷
第一, 迷你對話
A: My personal life has hit rock button.
我的個人生活跌入了低谷。
B: Why say that? Just because Carl left you.
為什麼這樣説?就因為Carl離開了你?
A: Could it be said that this is not enough?
難道還不夠嗎?
B: I know you have deep feeling with him. But we should face the reality.
我知道你對他有很深的感情,但是我們要面對現實。
A: What is the reality? Why he left me? I cannot understand.
什麼是現實?他為什麼要離開我?我不明白。
B: Please love yourself at first. You can wait for him, all of these things are all up to you.
先管好自己吧,你可以等他嘛,這一切事情都靠你自己把握。
第二, 地道表達
1. 表達法
rock button:最低谷,最低點
2. 拓展範例
e.g. Her life has hit the rock button because he failed in her dancing career.
她的生活陷入了最低谷,因為她的舞蹈生涯失敗了。
e.g. This is the rock-button price and any further reduction is out of the question.
這是最低價,無法再進一步降低。
第三, 好詞妙語
have deep feeling with:與……有深厚的感情
e.g. Mary had deep feeling with John at the age of 16. No wonder that they will get married in one week.
Mary 和John在13歲就有深厚的感情了。他們在一週後結婚也不足為奇。
face the reality:面對現實
e.g. You must face the reality. It's impossible to avoid all difficulties, no matter how hard you try.
你必須面對現實,無論你怎麼努力,困難想繞是繞不過去的。
be up to:取決於……
e.g. It is up to you to decide when we will start.
這該有你來決定我們什麼時候出發。
e.g. Prevention of forest fires is up to you.
森林防火是你們的責任。
第四, 口語表達
中文:難道説這還不夠嗆嗎?
翻譯:Could it be said that this is not enough?