英語學習英語閱讀技巧

雙語美文:他曾有一個取名“奇蹟”的女兒

本文已影響 1.98W人 

Today after work,

雙語美文:他曾有一個取名“奇蹟”的女兒

今天下班後


as I was driving home,

我驅車回家


I realized my brake wasn't working.

忽然發現,車上的剎車失靈了


I started to panic

我開始陷入恐慌


and managed to pull over,

總算停下了車子


luckily

十分幸運


without crashing into anything

沒有撞上任何障礙物


(or anyone).

也沒有撞到任何人


It started to rain

這時開始下雨


and get dark.

天也黑了


Our campus happens to be in an urban area.

我讀書的校區遠在市中心


I am a medical student.

我是一個醫學院的學生


I have a 19-year old car.

開着一輛已經服役19年的老車


And now

而此刻


I found myself parked right in front of the hospital helicopter pad

我發現自己正停在一座醫院門前的直升機停機坪上


during traffic

正是交通高峯


so I knew

我知道


I had to move my car immediately

自己必須立刻把車挪開


(without the brake).

而且還沒有剎車


Poetic...

壓力山大!


As I was struggling to figure out what to do,

正當我想破腦殼尋找辦法的時候


a middle-aged black man knocked on my car window

一位非裔的中年男子敲了敲我的車窗


and asked me

他問我


if I needed help.

我是不是需要幫助


I rolled down the window

我把車窗降下來


and explained to him

向他解釋


what happened.

發生了什麼


He said

他說


it could be that

或許事情的原由


I was out of brake fluid

是因爲我車上的剎車油用完了


because that happened to his daughter's car.

因爲他女兒的車也發生過這樣的情況


I thanked him for his help.

感謝他的幫助


This man later came back

不多時,這個男人又走回來


with a bottle of brake fluid.

還帶着一瓶剎車油


Not only did he go and buy it with his own money,

他不僅親自爲我去買了剎車油,自己掏腰包


he helped me open up the hood,

還幫我打開頂蓋


put the fluid in,

把剎車油倒了進去


and then

隨後


he knelt down on the wet ground

他雙膝跪在溼滑的路面上


to inspect the brake seal in the rain.

冒着雨幫我檢查剎車密封


I offered to pay for the brake fluid,

我提出要把買剎車油的錢還給他


but he refused to take my money.

他卻拒絕收我的錢


As I reached out to shake his hand,

我伸出手,想要與他握手的時候


which now was covered in grease from my car,

我發現他的手沾滿了車上的油污


I found out

我得知


that he once had a daughter,

他曾經有一個女兒


and her name was Miracle...

她的名字叫“奇蹟”


I will not forget his kindness.

我永不會忘記他的善良


猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章