口語英語實用生活英語口語

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第813期:遲到早退

本文已影響 1.58W人 

實用句子

ing-bottom: 66.25%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第813期:遲到早退


Jason was late for work because of the traffic jam.

由於交通堵塞,約翰上班遲到了。

traffic jam

交通堵塞


I'm so sorry for being late.

很抱歉我遲到了。


Why are you always late for work.

你爲什麼總是上班遲到?


I'm sorry. I misjudged the time.

很抱歉,我時間看錯了。

misjudge

對...判斷錯誤;看錯


Our company is not allowed to clock on late or clock off early.

我們公司不允許遲到早退。

be(not) allowed to do(不)被允許做某事

clock on上班打卡

clock off下班打卡


經典對話


A: John, you're late this morning. Why are you always late for work?

約翰,你今天早上遲到了,你爲什麼總是上班遲到?


B: I'm sorry to be late for work. There was a traffic accident in a city square this morning, I'm stuck on the road.

很抱歉上班遲到了。今天在城市廣場發生了交通事故,我被困在路上了。

be stuck表示“被困住”


A: You always have a good reason for being late. But you should call the manager in advance to explain your situation, it really burns him up.

你遲到總是有一個很好的理由。但是你應該給經理提前打個電話,說明一下自己的情況,這件事的確激怒經理了。

burn sb up表示“使某人生氣”


B: Really? I don't want to be late either. But my house is too far from the office. I get up at six o'clock every morning, I think I need to get up at five o'clock from tomorrow.

真的嗎?我也不願意遲到,但是我家離公司太遠了,我每天早上六點就起牀了,我想從明天開始我需要五點起牀。


A: According to company regulations, if you're late more than three times a month, you will be fired.

公司規定,如果你一個月內遲到超過三次,你就會被開除。


B: Yes, you're right. I have been late three times. I don't want to be fired. What should I do?

是的,沒錯,我已經遲到三次了,我不想被開除,我該怎麼辦呢?


A: You should go to the manager's office to explain. You have to be prepared to be quarrelled by him.

你應該去找經理好好解釋,你得做好被他大吵一頓的準備。


B: I know. I swear I won't be late again.

我知道了,我發誓再也不遲到了。


A: You should have realized this long ago. Don't worry, perhaps the situation is not as bad as we thought.

你早就應該意識到這樣。不要擔心,或許情況沒有我們想得那麼糟糕。


B: When do you think I should go to the manager's office?

你覺得我什麼時候去經理辦公室合適?


A: After the morning meeting.

早會結束以後。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章