美國人經常掛在嘴邊的話大綱
本文已影響
2.75W人
put somebody out of their misery informal
to stop somebody worrying by telling them something that they are anxious to know (告知情況以)消除某人的憂慮
Put me out of my misery─did I pass or didn't I?
別再讓我着急了--我及不及格?
get/have your own way
to get or do what you want, especially when somebody has tried to stop you 一意孤行;爲所欲爲
She always gets her own way in the end.
她最後總是一意孤行.
go a long/some way towards doing something
to help very much/a little in achieving something (對做某事)幫助很大/不大,作用很大/不大
The new law goes a long way towards solving the problem.
新的法律十分有助於解決這一問題.
go out of your way (to do something)
to make a special effort to do something 特地;格外努力
He would always go out of his way to be friendly towards her.
他總是特意向她表示友好.
go your own way
to do as you choose, especially when somebody has advised you against it 一意孤行;我行我素
It's best to let her go her own way if you don't want a fight.
你要不想打架的話,最好是隨她去好了.
heart and soul
with a lot of energy and enthusiasm 滿腔熱忱幹勁十足;全心全意
They threw themselves heart and soul into the project.
他們全心全意地投入了這個項目.
let your heart rule your head
to act according to what you feel rather than to what you think is sensible 感情用事
take heart (from something)
to feel more positive about something, especially when you thought that you had no chance of achieving something (由於某事)增強信心;重新振作起來
The government can take heart from the latest opinion polls.
政府可以從最近的民意測驗中找回信心.
to your heart's content
as much as you want 盡情地;心滿意足
a supervised play area where children can run around to their heart's content
一處能讓孩子們盡情遊玩且有人看管的地方
close/dear/near to somebody's heart
having a lot of importance and interest for somebody 爲某人所重視關心;爲某人所愛