美語情景對話 第45期:美國最好大洲 Great State
Todd: OK. Hey, hello!
嗨,你好!Tim: Hey, how's it going?
嗨,你過得好嗎?Todd: Doing pretty good. Could you introduce yourself please?
我過得很好。你能像我們介紹一下自己嗎?
Tim: Yeah, I'm Tim Peterson. I'm from Oregon in the United States.
好的,我叫蒂姆·彼得森。我來自美國的俄勒岡州。Todd: Oh, nice. You're from Oregon.
哦,很棒。你來自俄勒岡州。Tim: Yeah.
是的。Todd: OK, and were you born there?
你在那裏出生?Tim: Yes, I was born there.
是的,我是在那裏出生的。Todd: Oh, really, did you ever live in any other states or..?
哦,真的,你在其它州居住過嗎?Tim: Uh, I lived in Wyoming for a really short time.
我曾在懷俄明州住過很短的一段時間。Todd: Oh, really.
哦,真的。Tim: And, I've lived in California for a short time too.
我還在加利福尼亞州住過很短的一段時間。Todd: OK. Of those three states, which one is the best?
好的。這三個州,哪個最好?Tim: Oregon.
俄勒岡州。Todd: Really? Why?
真的?爲什麼?Tim: It's got lots of nature. It's really beautiful, I think. In the United States probably Oregon and Washington state are the most beautiful.
俄勒岡州有許多自然風光。我認爲那裏真的很美。全美國,可能就俄勒岡州和華盛頓的風景最好了。Todd: Oh, OK.
哦,好吧。Tim: Lots, lots of green stuff and the lots of nature. Good mountains, good streams good water.
俄勒岡州有許多的樹和自然風光。很多山,很多小溪和水流。Todd: Wow! Well, what about Wyoming?
哇!那懷俄明州呢?Tim: Wyoming is nice but it is really dry. And it's really sort of dark.
懷俄明州很好,但那裏太乾燥了。那裏的陽光也不好。Todd: Oh. OK. Wow, so when you grow old and retire someday, you're a very guy, but when you grow old, would you like to live in Oregon?
哦,好的。哇,如果有一天等你老了,退休了,你還是一個人,你老了會來俄勒岡住嗎?Tim: Ah, Oregon or Washington. Maybe Alaska.
啊,俄勒岡或是華盛頓。也許是阿拉斯加。Todd: Yeah! Not California?
是嗎,沒有加利福尼亞?Tim: No!
沒有!Todd: Man, the Golden State.
兄弟,那可是黃金之州。Tim: Yeah, too many people.
是的,那裏人口太多了。Todd: Alright, Yeah! Ok. Thanks a lot.
好吧,是的!謝謝你。注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。