口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第184期:Interjections 感嘆詞

本文已影響 2.85W人 

Feifei: Hello, Finn. You are very talkative so I want to make a bet with you.

菲菲:你好,芬恩。你很健談,所以我想和你打個賭。

Finn: Hi, Feifei. OK. What's the bet then?

芬恩:你好,菲菲。好啊。你想打什麼賭?

Feifei: Well, we're going to have a chat for the next few minutes and I bet you can't express your feelings without using proper words.

菲菲:嗯,接下來的幾分鐘我們要進行談話,我打賭你不用適當的詞無法表達你的情感。

Finn: Mmmm... OK, so no proper words. But I can use interjections, can't I?

芬恩:嗯……好,不用適當的詞。但是我可以用感嘆詞,對吧?

Feifei: Interjections?

菲菲:感嘆詞?

Finn: Yes. These are mostly sounds we make to express sudden emotions such as surprise, delight, displeasure, disappointment, pain, things like that. We use them more when we speak than when we write.

芬恩:對啊。那些我們用來表達突發情感的聲音,比如驚訝、高興、生氣、失望、痛苦之類的感情。相較於寫作,我們在說話時會更多地使用這種詞。

Feifei: OK. Here we go. I have just bought this dress...

菲菲:好,我們開始吧。我剛剛買了這條裙子……

Finn: Wow!

芬恩:哇!

Feifei: Yes. I know you're pleasantly surprised. It's by a very famous designer. It was the last one in the shop and cost a lot of money. There was this woman in the shop who wanted the dress too. She tried to snatch it from me and she pinched my arm like this... I'll do it to you...

菲菲:嗯。我知道你會感到驚喜。這是一個非常著名的設計師設計的。這是商店裏的最後一條,我花了很多錢纔買下來。商店裏還有一個女人也想買這條裙子。她想從我這裏搶走這條裙子,她就像這樣捏着我的胳膊……我也要這樣捏你……

Finn: Ouch!

芬恩:哎喲!

Feifei: You felt a sudden pain, didn't you? She did that to me. It was really painful. Look at my bruise. Look!

菲菲:你突然感到很痛,對不對?她就是那樣對我的。當時真的特別疼。看看我的淤青。看看!

Finn: Ugh!

芬恩:啊!

Feifei: It's not a pretty sight, is it? It's unpleasant to look at. And... well, I think you won the bet, Finn.

菲菲:看起來不太好,對吧?看到這個會讓人感到不舒服。還有……芬恩,我想打賭是你贏了。

Finn: Yippee!

芬恩:好耶!

Feifei: You're obviously delighted - happy with the outcome of our bet. You can speak normally now. I know you're bursting to use proper words!

菲菲:顯然你很高興,因爲我們打賭的結果而高興。你現在可以正常說話了。我知道你很想用適當的詞!

Finn: Phew!

芬恩:喲!

Feifei: An expression of relief. Come on, Finn. Talk to me. I miss hearing you speak.

菲菲:這是輕鬆的表達方式。來啊,芬恩,和我說話。我想念你說的話。

Finn: And I miss speaking in full sentences. Interjections are the focus of today's The English We Speak. Let's remember the ones I used.

芬恩:我也想念說完整句子的感覺。今天地道英語要講的就是感嘆詞。我們來記住我剛纔使用的那些詞。

Expressing pleasant surprise: Wow!

表達驚喜的詞:哇!

Expressing sudden pain: Ouch!

表達突然感到的疼痛:哎喲!

Expressing a negative reaction to unpleasant sensations of sight, touch, smell or taste: Ugh!

表達對看到、摸到、聞到或是嚐到的東西感到不舒服:啊!

Expressing delight with an outcome: Yippee!

對結果表示高興:好耶!

Expressing positive relief: Phew!

表達樂觀的解脫:喲!

Feifei: I must say you are very good at expressing things. Interjections are very useful indeed!

菲菲:我必須要說,你很擅長表達。感嘆詞真的非常有用!

Finn: Though they might sound different in other languages - people might make a sound for a sudden pain other than 'ouch!', but I think the meaning would be very clear.

芬恩:雖然這些詞在其他語言中可能聽起來不同,人們在感到突然的疼痛時可能不會說“哎喲”,而是發出另外的聲音,不過我想,要表達的意思很清楚。

(A cup of coffee on the desk was knocked over by accident)

(桌上的咖啡不小心打翻了)

Feifei: There's only one thing I'm not happy about, Finn. You've just spilt your coffee over my new dress!

菲菲:芬恩,我只有一件事感到不開心。你剛剛把你的咖啡灑在我的新裙子上了!

Finn: Oops!

芬恩:哎呀!

Feifei: An interjection expressing a negative reaction to having done something wrong by accident. I'll forgive you, though.

菲菲:這是對不小心做錯的事情表達消極反應的感嘆詞。總之,我會原諒你的。

Finn: I'm sorry, Feifei. Thanks. Time to go. Bye.

芬恩:我很抱歉,菲菲。謝謝你。現在該結束節目了。再見。

Feifei: Bye.

菲菲:再見。

The english we speak(BBC教學)第184期:Interjections 感嘆詞

重點講解
1. be bursting to do sth.
急於,渴望(做…);
eg. She was bursting to tell everyone.
她急於告訴每個人。
eg. We'll go there bursting to give it our all.
我們將去那裏,渴望獻出我們的一切。
2. be good at
擅長的;精通的;能幹的;
eg. Just as you need those who ask for your expertise so they can be supported and you can do what you're good at.
正如有人向你請教經驗,尋求幫助,你告訴了他,這樣一來,你也是在從事你擅長的事情。
eg. He's good at ad-libbing his way out of trouble.
他善於爲自己妙語解圍。
3. other than
(用於否定陳述後)除了…以外;
eg. There may be alternative methods of substantiation other than written records.
除書面記錄外,可能還有其他方法可以證實。
eg. Other than that, he knew scarcely anyone well, nor they him.
除此之外, 沒有什麼他熟悉的人, 人們也不熟悉他。
4. by accident
意外;偶然;
eg. And they came across it by accident.
他們也是偶然才發現這一點的。
eg. The best things are often out of our expectation, gotten by accident.
最好的東西,往往是意料之外,偶然得來的。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章