口語英語英語突破情景對話

哈佛校園生活情景對話:獨立思想

本文已影響 2.5K人 

哈佛大學,簡稱哈佛。坐落於美國馬薩諸塞州劍橋市,是一所享譽世界的私立研究型大學,是著名的常春藤盟校成員,被公認爲是當今世界最頂尖的高等教育機構之一。下面本站小編爲大家帶來關於哈佛校園生活情景對話,歡迎大家學習!

哈佛校園生活情景對話:獨立思想

 哈佛校園生活情景對話:獨立思想

Li Lei is calling Han Meimei.

H: Hello, who’s calling?

H:你好,是誰呀?

L: Hi, Han, this is Li Lei.

L:嗨,韓,是李雷。

H: Hi, Li Lei, haven’t heard from you these days. How is everything going?

H:嗨,李雷,最近幾天沒有你的消息了,一切還好吧?

L: Oh, tiring but fulfilling.

L:哦,很累但很充實。

H: What were you busy with? Mid-term exams?

H:在忙什麼呢?期中考試?

L: Exams are easy to deal with. We’re old hands at exams.

L:考試很好對付,都是考試老手了。

H: Haha! That’s true. Then what makes you sound so exhausted?

H:哈哈!那倒是真的。那是什麼事讓你聽起來筋疲力盡的。

L: I had a lot of reading task, and prepared for my debate with my history teacher.

L:我有很多書要讀,要準備和我的歷史老師辯論。

H: Come to think of It. John told me that you guys have to challenge and debate with your teachers. No, he referred to graduate students.

H:我想起來了,約翰告訴過我你們要挑戰老師,和他們進行辯論。不對,他指的是 研究生啊。

L: Come on, Han, we suffer as much as, if not more miseries than them.

L:得了,韓,我們受的罪就算設他們多,也至少和他們一樣多了。

H: So you,re calling to pour out your complaints before me?

H:所以你給我打電話想在我面前訴苦?

L: Not exactly. I said it's painful but meaningful.

L:也不全是,我說過,很痛苦但很有意義。

H: Li, until now you haven’t told me what exactly happened.

H:李,到現在你也設告訴我到底發生了什麼。

L: Let me ask you: why did the United States get involved in World War I?

L:我問爲什麼美國參加一戰?

H: ’s complicated. Because American ships were sunk by German U-boats and wanted revenge?

H:這個……很複雜,因爲美國的船被德國的潛水艇 弄沉了,想要報復?

L: That may be the direct cause. In class, I was sitting there and waiting for answers from my teacher.

L:那可能是誘因。在課堂上,我就坐着,等老師綰 我答案。

H: That’s what we did in China. We like to know the exact answers so that we can do well in our exams. I guess it won’t work here.

H:那是我們在國內乾的事,我們喜歡知道準確答案,這樣我們就可以在考試中取得 好成績了。我想在這兒是行不通的。

L: I know. But I thought that history should be different because it’s about facts. There should be answers. Yet my teacher told us to find out the causes ourselves and discussed with him in the next class.

L:我知道,但我想歷史都是事實,應該不一樣,應該有答案。但老師讓我們自己找 出原因,然後下一節課和他討論。

H: Then?

H:然後呢?

L: Well, I found some reasons that I believed were the right answers. I thought my

classmates,answers must be almost the same as mine.

L:我找了一些我認爲是正確答案的原因,我以爲其他同學的答案和我的應該差不多 —樣。

H: Weren’t they?

H:難道不是嗎?

L: No, everyone only insisted on one or two causes which they believed to be the

fundamental causes. Some argued from economic perspectives, some political, and others military.

L:不是,每個人都只堅持一兩個他們認爲是最重要的原因。一些人從經濟角度爭辯, 一些人從政治角度,還有的從軍事角度。

H: That must be a heated debate. What did you argue for?

H:那肯定是一場很激烈的辯論。你的觀點是什麼?

L: It’s very embarrassing. I only collected the so-called answers and didn’t even ask why. So I didn’t talk much and sit there like a fool.

L:很丟人,我只是收集了一些所謂的答案,也沒問爲什麼,所以我沒有談很多,像 個傻子一樣坐着。

H: Oh, poor Li. Never mind, a fall into the pit and a gain in your wit.

H;哦,可憐的李,不要緊,吃一塹長一智。

L: You’re right. At least I began to know Harvard ’teaching spirit’

L:也是,最起碼我開始瞭解哈佛的教學精神了。

H: What’s it?

H:是什麼?

L: “To have an independent mind”,namely,“to think independently”,which is different from spoon-fed education.

L: “要有獨立思想",也就是"獨立思考' 這不同於填鴨式敎育。

H: I know that, and China has also noticed that.

H:我知道,國內也開始注意這些了。

L: But few Chinese schools or universities can do what they say. I mean, in class, teachers still play the role of transmitting knowledge to students rather than act as students’ guide. At Harvard, students and teachers rap off freely in seminars. What's more, I think few Chinese teachers can bear challenges from students.

L:但國內很少有學校言行一致。我的意思是,在課堂上,老師仍然扮演着傳授知識 的角色,而不是做學生的嚮導。在哈佛,學生和老師在研討會上自由交流思想。 此外,我認爲國內很少有老師能忍受學生對他們的挑戰。

H: And Chinese students often borrow from others' ideas and use them in their own papers as if the ideas were their own. That’s plagiarism. My cousin told me that.

H:中國學生還經常在自己的論文裏引用他人的觀點當做自己的觀點,這是抄襲。是 我表姐告訴我的。

L: I think that’s the biggest difference between Harvard-style education and Chinese education.

L:我想這就是哈佛式教育和中國教育最大的不同吧。

H: Only when people think independently and have their own thoughts can they become fully humans.

H:只有當人獨立思考,有自己的思想時,才能成爲真正的人吧。

L: And only in this way can a nation has its own soul and grows stronger.

L:只有這樣一個民族纔能有自己的靈魂,才能變得更強大。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章