《祕社》S01E01筆記:天命難違
destiny's not easy to run from.
然而天命難違。
run from
從...逃離
eg:When my mother and I would disagree to get my way, I would run from her to my father.
每當我和媽媽一講不和時,我就會跑向我爸爸尋求幫助。
come she never came home?
她爲什麼從不回家?
how come
爲什麼
eg:How come a successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
爲什麼一個成功的男人就是賺的錢比他太太花的錢要多。
's pretty much what she said.
和她說的差不多。
pretty
相當、很(副詞)
eg:This fun song has a pretty quick beat for your faster runs.
這首有趣的、適合快跑的歌曲的節奏相當快。
4.I got to run, but everybody hangs out at the Boathouse after school.
我得走了,但是放學後大家都會去船塢酒吧。
hang out
閒逛,小聚,消遣
eg:I just came by to see whether you wanna hang out with me.
我過來看看你是否願意和我一起出去玩。
bet I did.
沒錯,是的。
you bet
沒錯,的確
eg:You bet it did. The company is having some real problems. I may lose my job.
沒錯。公司出了一些嚴重的問題。我可能會丟了工作。
fooling around...
孩子們到處胡鬧...
fool around
胡鬧、混日子
eg:Fool around aimlessly, accomplishing nothing.
到處胡鬧,不務正業。
don't we call it a night?
今天就到此爲止吧。
call it a night
到此爲止
eg:I will talk to you tomorrow after I have gotten some sleep. Right now I am going to call it a night.
我明天醒來後再和你談吧,今天就到此爲止吧。