英語閱讀英語美文着述

晨讀美文:英語如何地道的表示“繁忙”

本文已影響 8.77K人 

  晨讀美文:英語如何地道的表示“繁忙”

晨讀美文:英語如何地道的表示“繁忙”

摘錄:失敗是學習的一種過程。

生活在帝都北京的上班族,每天都處於繁忙中。上班下班,早晚高峯。好不容易奔到了公司又要立馬打了雞血一樣投入戰鬥。這麼繁忙的狀態你造怎麼用英文表達嗎?

We all lead busy lives and sometimes it feels like we’re never going to get off that treadmill. In English, there are many idiomatic expressions to express this “busyness”.

我們都過着繁忙的生活,有時感覺彷彿永遠無法停下來。英語中有很多習慣用語用於表達這種”繁忙“。

1. Hive of activity

一片繁忙的景象

A place where there are a lot of things happening and everyone is busy.

指某處正在發生大量的事,每個人都很忙。

When I arrived at the office, the place was already a hive of activity with everyone buzzing around.

當我到達時,辦公室裏已經一片熱火朝天的景象,每個人都在忙的團團轉

2、All hands on deck

全員各就各位

When there’s a lot of work to be done and everyone needs to be involved.

當有很多工作需要做時,所有人都要加入。

As the opening day approached, it was all hands on deck to get everything ready in time.

由於開業時間迫在眉睫,所有人員必須各就各位,及時做好各方面準備。

3. Rushed off your feet

忙的不可開交

You are so busy that you don’t have time to stop.

你太忙了以至於完全停不下來。

I am exhausted. I’ve been rushed off my feet all day at the shop.

我感到筋疲力盡。我在店裏的一整天都是忙的腳打後腦勺。

4. Work your fingers to the bone

拼命地做,非常努力

To work very hard or to be extremely hardworking.

工作努力或努力到極致。

He deserves his success. He worked his fingers to the bone when he started the business.

他的成功歸功於他自己。剛開始創業時他工作非常努力。

5. Roll up your sleeves

捲起袖子準備大幹一場

Get ready for hard work.

準備好努力工作。

If we’re going to increase our market share, we’re going to have to roll our sleeves and get new customers.

如果我們想要增加市場份額,我就需要擼起袖子大幹一場,獲得新的客戶。

6. Have your work cut out

按時完成艱鉅的任務

Have a difficult or challenging task or problem to deal with.

有困難的或挑戰性的或問題需要處理應對。

They have their work cut out with that client. He is incredibly demanding.

關於那個客戶他們有一大堆工作要做。他要求太苛刻了。

7. A race against time

和時間賽跑

Working towards a deadline.

在時間截點前幹工作。

I have so many deadlines. It’s a never-ending race against time to meet them.

我有這麼多任務截點。要在規定時間內完成簡直就是和時間賽跑。

8. Hit the ground running

立即快馬加鞭地開展重要工作

Start an activity immediately and with energy.

全力以赴馬上開展活動。

He intends to hit the ground running if and when he wins that contract.

一旦他贏得了那份合同,他就打算馬上全力以赴開展工作。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章