英語閱讀英語故事

中國寓言故事雙語版 第39期:不合時尚

本文已影響 1.98W人 

ing-bottom: 45.78%;">中國寓言故事雙語版 第39期:不合時尚

In the past, there was a married couple in the State of Lu.

從前,魯國有這麼一對夫婦。

The husband was a shoemaker who made very good shoes.

丈夫是一個鞋匠,鞋子做得很好。

The wife was a good hand at weaving silk.

妻子是一個織絹能手。

One day, the couple decided to go to the State of Yue to make a living.

一天,這兩口子商量決定,去越國謀生。

When this news spread around, one man tried to dissuade them:"You had better not go.

這消息一傳開,就有一個人去勸他們說:“還是不要去吧。

If you go to the State of Yue to make a living, that would be too bad.

如果你們到越國去謀生,那可糟了。

Over there, you certainly cannot make a living!"

在那裏,你們一定會無法生活下去的!”

The couple asked in surprise:"We don't understand what you mean.

他倆奇怪地問:“我們不懂你說的意思!

Each of us has superb craftsmanship.

我們各人有一門手藝。

How is it possible that we couldn't make a living? Don't talk nonsense!"

怎麼會生活不了呢?別胡說了!”

Thereupon, the man said to them:"Right. You indeed have superb craftsmanship.

於是,那人對他倆說:“對呀,你們手藝的確很好。

But you probably don't know the situation.

不過你們大概不瞭解情況吧!

You make shoes for people to wear, but the people in the State of Yue like to go barefooted and do not wear shoes;

你們做了鞋子,原來是給人穿的,可是越國人喜歡赤腳,不穿鞋子,

you weave silk to make hats, but the people there like to have their hair hanging down and do not wear hats.

你們織的絲絹,原來是做帽子用的,可是越國人喜歡披着頭髮,不戴帽子。

Then, how can you sell the shoes and hats you make?

那麼,你們做的鞋子、帽子,怎麼賣得出去呢?

Though you are highly skilled, your manual skills are of no use over there.

你們的技藝雖然很高,可是在那裏卻用不上。

Then how can you make a living?"

到那時候,看你們怎麼生活。”

After hearing this, the husband and wife saw the light:

這對夫妻聽後,恍然大悟:

"Oh, so our way of thinking is against the current fashion."

“噢,原來我們的想法不合時尚啊!”

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀