英語閱讀雙語新聞

哪些問題讓你無語?範例

本文已影響 1.14W人 

I work for a semiconductor company which45 makes electronic chips. On being asked about what I do, I once told to one of my aunts that after completing my electronics engineering, I had started working in a chip designing company.

哪些問題讓你無語?
我爲一家制造電腦晶片的半導體公司工作。有一次,我的一位阿姨問我是做什麼的,我告訴她我在完成電子工程的學業後,開始在一家芯片設計公司工作。

After a pause for few seconds, she asked:

停頓了幾秒後,她問道:

"What are your most popular flavors? Are the chips as good as Lays??"

“那你最喜歡什麼口味呢?那些薯片和樂事一樣好吃嗎?”(注:Chip雙關,是芯片,又是薯片。)

I had no idea what to say.

我不知道該說什麼好。

Conversation with a girl on the Subway in NYC :

和一個妹子在紐約市地鐵上的對話:

Her:"Are you from India?"

她:“你來自印度嗎?”

Me:"Yes"

我:“是的。”

Her:"Really unfair how we Americans just start talking about Slumdog millionaire everytime we talk to an Indian"

她:“我們美國人每次說到印度就只會開始談論《貧民窟的百萬富翁》,怎麼能這樣,這太不公平了。”

Me(Surprised because I'd never heard that before):"Ya, that's really annoying"

我(很驚訝,因爲我之前從沒聽說過):“啊,那確實挺討厭。”

Her:"I mean India isn't all slums, I was in Dubai last year, you guys lead a pretty luxurious lifestyle, dunno why only word about slums goes around"

她:“我是說印度不全是貧民窟,我去年在迪拜,你們過着非常奢侈的生活,我不知道爲什麼只有關於貧民窟的傳言。”

Me - "huh??"

我——“哈?”

Her:"I guess its mainly because of states like Pakistan and Bangladesh!"

她:“我猜這主要是因爲巴基斯坦和孟加拉那樣的州!”

Me – speechless

我——無語了。

"Are you sleeping?"

“你睡了嗎?”

The most illogical question that every student in India must have been asked by his/her teacher:

在印度,每個的學生都曾被他/她的老師問到的最沒有意義的問題:

"How did you forget doing your Homework? Do you ever forget eating food ?"

“你怎麼能忘記做作業?你有忘記過吃東西嗎?”

Just doesn't make sense.

這根本就說不通啊。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章